Chapter Five: To Escape From Captivity

December 21st, 2016
1:15 A.M.
14 days missing
' Clunk,Clunk,Clink!'
'Clunk, Clunk, Clink!' went the sounds of pickaxes ringing through an abandoned mine shaft.
"Ready?"asks Easton.
"Ready!"Gracelynn says.
The plan was to make a tunnel which would lead us,hopefully, to Hector's backyard. It took Gracelynn,Easton,and Brighton fourteen days and fifteen nights to get about halfway through the tunnel.
The mine shaft is exactly five hundred and sixteen years old. It then caved in on hundred and ninety years later. Then, a few years later, they built the church on top of the mine. That known, Gracelynn believes that it should lead straight to Hector's(the pastor's son)house. Easton and Gracelynn keep digging for 336 hours (two weeks) and for 168 of the 336 hours they were done there, they spent resting, watching, walking, and mining.
Easton had stumbled into a old mine shaft. Inside were selves upon selves of kerosene, an old red ladder leading to a boarded up hole in the roof. Gracelynn has learned some things about Easton, Brighton, and herself than she ever had in months. I have also learned that James is hot on their heels.The blood won't clot from Gracelynn's injury 14 days, 15nights, 336 hours, and 20,168 minutes ago. Easton has also seemed uncomfortable with Brighton around as well.
'Pink!', 'Pink' went the sound of pickaxes hitting the cavern.'Pink!''Pink!', went the sound of pickaxes hitting the cavern.
A little while ago, Easton stumbled into an old abandoned mine shaft. When we climbed into it the floor gave away and we fell two inches to a sawdust floor.
"Well, that was very fortunate." Easton says,as he looks around the selves of liquid fluid,and a old red ladder,that looks like it's at least two hundred years old.
There is bad news though. The bad news is that James has found our cavern and is stalking them like a starving coyote stalks the lonesome Shepherd boy's flock of sheep,whom let's them lazily graze on the grass.
Gracelynn injury still won't clot.Easton has seemed uncomfortable around Gracelynn and Brighton.
'Pink,Pink!','Pink,Pink.'
"Easton please stop."Gracelynn asks.
Silence. 'Pink, Pink,Pink.'
"Easton,PLEASE stop!" Gracelynn cries in anguish.
Silence. 'Pink', 'Pink', 'Pink,Pink.'
"Easton."Gracelynn and Brighton cry at the same time.
"For the last time, guys.It's not me! See!"
Easton turns around, quick on his heels. Brighton and Gracelynn sees that the sleeves of his hands but for a lighted torch and the sleeves of his shirt in his left arm with a lighted torch in his arms.
Gracelynn notices that the rest of Easton's red checkered shirt has disappeared through the blood, sweat stains, soot, oil, and a lot more blood. Easton has a deep gash in his left arm, above the elbow. For the first time, in twelve hours, Gracelynn feels awful.
'Why did I say I would love to go on a date sometime with Easton Turtle?' She thinks to herself.
'You like him.' The positive voice says, in her head.
'Do I?' Gracelynn thinks to herself. Her thoughts are interrupted when she has a flashback.
➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰.
Gracelynn's iPhone buzzes. She looks at it and sets her phone down and lays back on Easton's chest.
"Who was that?" Easton asks, twirling her hair round her fingers.
"It was Justin.We just broke up." She says, with no sign of emotion at all.
"What? Oh Gracelynn I'm so sorry..." Easton starts.
"Don't be. I'm actually pretty excited. It means he can be with Katelynn, like he wanted to, and me and you can be together, if you want to?" She says, excitedly.
Gracelynn kisses Easton on the cheek and lays her head back on his chest. They watched the fire and stayed quiet so they wouldn't wake Brighton from his first rest in 18 hours. The only thing you could hear was the fire crackling and Brighton snoring softly. Gracelynn stooped over to tie her Nike tennis shoes when a loud, ominous 'Crack' in the darkest corner of our area. Then some black figures laterals near them.
"Easton." Gracelynn says quietly while eying the black figures as she jabs Easton's tired body with the tip of her shoe. Easton wakes up, sitting straight up Gracelynn thought he had a nightmare.
"Easton, something just moved in the dark." Easton's face goes slack.
"Gracelynn, grab the pack and I'll awake Brighton."
Gracelynn sprints to grab Brighton's pack from his side. As she returns, Gracelynn hears a loud cry and the sound of gunshots.
'Wait, they have guns?!?!' Gracelynn thinks as she reaches back to the fireplace and pick the biggest piece of charcoal firewood.
When she get back, Easton and James are fighting in hand-on-hand combat. Jay is the first to see Gracelynn. Knowing this, he turns to his friends and mouths,'Can you believe, this girl? I mean seriously, is she nuts?' Then as if on command Caden, Arizona, and Everest standing in a straight line like well oiled tanks, preparing for battle. Without limitation, Gracelynn reaches for a ancient tub of kerosene and tilt it onto the petite campfire and contaminate the surroundings withered when a monster with different shades of whites, reds, oranges, and yellows, creating a menacing monster.
It has a mixture of all those colors to create the monsters body. Gracelynn punctures the menace in his fiery abdomen and a battle begins.
Our monster blocks several of James' colleagues'. Knowing that, Gracelynn takes down Arizona and Everest Lily retreats through the tunnel. Easton shanks Cobee in the neck region while dodging a strike from James with his dagger. Once the monster died, that begins the worst part of this that is yet to come. Gracelynn burnt Jay's right side of his head terribly and Easton is about killed Tristan until James calls from the other side of the battlefield.
"Boys, boys, let's cut Easton and Gracelynn some slack, they haven't even seen the best part yet."
Gracelynn and Easton turn around as they hear, "Hey guys." Brighton is pinned down by the tip of James' sword. Easton and Gracelynn sprint to the Colbert. Easton grabs a gun but Gracelynn has something more powerful than ammunition in mind.