it's bittersweet

_______________

_______________

the first step is often the hardest

_____________

-☂️-

"i just don't understand why you can't be happy for me?" you spat, tears running down your face. "i'm getting transferred to 1-A whether you like it or not."

you and your boyfriend, monoma, were having a confrontation in the 1-B dormitory. a few of your classmates were scattered around, watching even though they were pretending not to.

monoma scowled at you, "oh, so i'm supposed to be thrilled that you are betraying us for those stuck up pricks. you must think just like them. you're so much better than us, right?"

you started to stomp away in frustration but he grabbed your arm to stop you.

your eyes widened as you pulled out of his grip, "don't you get it monoma, even vlad agreed this is the best path for me! guidance under mr. aizawa and training with 1-A is what i need to become a good pro." you sneered.

kendo walked over and gently wrapped an arm around you, "it's ok, y/n. i understand and there is nothing that could make me stop loving you." she glared at monoma, seemingly sheltering you under her care.

tetsutetsu joined in, "i agree! y/n, you're like the best in our class, you deserve this chance!" he gave you a toothy grin as he handed you a box. "by the way, i finished bringing the stuff down from your dorm. it was a great way to get some extra training in while helping a friend!"

he flexed his muscles, earning a playful eye roll from kendo.

a small smile crept onto your face, "thank you. i'm sorry to be leaving, i love you all so very much."

a loud scoff was heard from the blonde's direction, "if that was true, you wouldn't be leaving, would you?" his arms were folded over the sweatshirt that you gifted him.

kendo, tetsutetsu, and you turned back around to face him.

kendo became visibly angry, "for her boyfriend,  /you/ should be happy for her. your behavior is disgusting right now, monoma."

grateful, you pat her shoulder, "it's fine, kendo." taking a step toward him until you were directly in front of him. "monoma, you have a choice to make. you either support my goals by congratulating me on getting moved to class A or we are done."

even shoda glanced up as this statement grabbed the entire room's attention. the class fell silent, listening unashamed.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i just can't congratulate you on becoming a self-absorbed member of class a." he flatly said, hurt behind his eyes. his rivalry for the other class meant too much to him.

monoma knew he was being stubborn, but he was losing his own girlfriend to his rivals.

the tears came back, "fine, then. it was time for me to go anyways."

you flicked your finger and using your quirk, you lifted the boxes into the air.

(quirk: wind manipulation. you can use air however you please. this means lifting objects up as wind propels underneath it, creating tornadoes, and more.)

tetsutetsu and kendo helped walk you out, giving you one last hug at the door.

"goodbye, 1-b, i'll miss you."

with that, you, your broken heart, and your floating boxes walked over to class 1-a's dorms.

*time skip brought to you by kendo's red hair*

"welcome to class 1-a!" an energetic voice squealed as you settled onto the couch.

you were exhausted from all the dorm set up, even though your quirk did most of it.

laughing, you responded, "thank you! i'm so glad to be here."

the voice belonged to mina ashido, a girl with pink tinted skin and fluffy pink hair to match.

so far, you've made two friends, her and ochako uraraka, a girl that has the quirk of zero gravity. uraraka was currently on the other side of the couch, fixing her hair up into a bun.

"sorry there aren't more of us to help you, most of us pass out after a hard training day like this." the floating girl said, securing another bobby pin in place.

a boy with a toothy smile walked up and sat next to you, "hello, l/n! i'm kirishima! you're welcome to hang out whenever you want, i'm always down to play some video games."

you talked to him for a bit, bonding over your love of the newest release of your favorite video game.

another boy, this one with red and white hair and gorgeous heterochromatic eyes offered you a bowl of soba, "here eat this, i went into my stash for it. i figured you missed dinner to set up your dorm."

a warm feeling engulfed your stomach, "thank you so much, you guys are so sweet."

they gave you a big group hug, almost toppling the couch. this felt like family. back at 1-b, you really only had a close relationship monoma, kendo, and tetsutetsu.

oh, monoma. i guess i should call him.

no. he treated you like shit. you aren't calling him.

your attention was regained when uraraka accidentally made y'all float above the couch.

a spill of laughter sounded as you smiled at them all.

you didn't notice it then, but a muscular boy with blonde hair was watching your interactions curiously.

he walked away after seeing the hug, but the sight of you couldn't leave his thoughts.

welp, that was chapter 1 hebe.

don't forget to vote and comment i would really appreciate it ~~~~

889 words