Chapter 5: Campfire

A/N: getting Olivia Rodrigos Merch soon, coming in the mail tmr. 😩😩

Y/N POV:

Me,Olivia, and Charli where on our way near the lake, where there will be a campfire and lots of campers. "Did you see the way tyler was looking at you?!" Charli says to Olivia. "Girl no, he was looking at YOU" Olivia argues back.

"He clearly finds you prettier, duh" Charli says. I chuckle. "And vinnie was lowkey hot, I know you two had some chemistry at the table" Olivia says to me.

"I said the same thing!" Charli says. I playfully roll my eyes, as we get to the campfire to see some people roasting marshmallows, people sitting down and talking, some on the deck talking and campers playing around and some in the water. I look around trying to spot the guys.

"Found them" Charli says pointing to the guys, sitting on the deck, talking. "Okay let's go because I'm gonna squish in between Caleb and Tyler" Charli says, running towards them. Me and Olivia turn to each other, and let out a laugh.

I love how I'm already close with her and it hasn't even been a day.

We get to the deck as I sit next to vinnie, and Olivia sits next to Tyler. "Hey guys" I say. "Hey! You guys finally made it" Caleb smiles. "We very much did" Olivia says.

"So what should we do?" Charli asks. "Well, we were wondering, if you guys wanted to just talk and have marshmallows?" vinnie asks, looking at me. I smile. "Sounds like a perfect night" I smile. "Well I'm gonna get a marshmallow, Tyler wanna come?" Olivia asks Tyler.

He looks up at her. "Yeah sure!" He smiles getting up.

I see Charli's smile drop a bit, as she looks down at her feet. "Hey charli, let's go do arts and crafts, they are doing it at that table" Caleb says pointing to a table. She smiles. "Yeah sure!" She says getting up and running to the table. Caleb looks down at me as I mouth a 'Thank you' and he winks at me, walking off..just leaving me and Vinnie sitting on the deck, looking at the water.

"Have you went swimming yet?" I ask him. "Not yet, planning to go maybe tomorrow. Not sure if that's a option for tomorrow..but hey, maybe I'll sneak out of my cabin and go alone at night" he says looking down at the water. "Alone? Dark? Water?" I say in shock.

He chuckles. "That all sounds scary. Don't you hear what happens in movies like that? Have you heard about Jason?!..the killer!" I joke.

"I have..one of my favorite movies actually" he says. "Oh really" I say turning my head towards him. "Yes really" he smiles. He had a very nice smile..it looked like it would make everyone's day..it sure made mine.

We stayed silent for a couple seconds. "How was your reaction coming here?" Vinnie asks me, breaking the small silence. "Well my mom told me and my sister that she's sending us off to camp because she wants us to make friends..well mostly me because I don't really have friends back home" I say.

"How come?" He asks me. "Well..I like to be alone. I like to be independent. I like to work alone, and basically do everything alone. Like for example on a school project, when I'm partnered up with people..I like to do all the work, all alone" I say.

"Ooh, so you are one of those people. I'm guessing you are a smartie pants..that's pretty perfect..and pretty beautiful" he says.

When he said I was pretty perfect..I was gonna stop him and say..not everything is perfect for me..but then he said I was beautiful..and now I don't know what to say back.

"Y-You're beautiful t-too" I stutter, very nervous because I never really flirted with a guy before.

He smiles, chuckling a bit. "Im guessing you never really..complemented a guy before..or had a boyfriend?" He asks. I scoff looking down. "Yup..never had one before. I mean I don't really find the need to have one..all boys are pretty bullsh*t" I say looking at him.