Chapter 24

~ Julius' POV ~

So when are you gonna tell us what's actually going on between you and Speedy?" Petey asked while we were in the locker room, getting ready for the game.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say trying to avoid the conversation. A lot of the guys started booing.

"C'mon man. We see how close you guys are." Blue says.

"Yeah. Y'all are always whispering to each other. You dip outta class when you see her in the hallway. I mean, I've seen you holding her hand a few times. And let's not forget the time you gave her your jacket and she fell asleep on your shoulder." Petey finished sassily. The rest of the team voiced their agreements. I playfully rolled my eyes and went back to getting dressed. 

Blue turned to Gerry

"Gerry, whenever you wanna jump in and put this to rest since Julius won't, your voice would be most welcomed," Blue says. Everyone turns their attention to Gerry who just shrugs.

"What can I say? I'm not Grace. And I sure as hell ain't Julius." He says with a chuckle. I hold back a smirk as the boys groan in defeat and go back to getting ready themselves.

When all the guys were ready, we started hyping ourselves up for the warm-up we were planning to surprise Coach with. The guys were talking when we heard the locker room door open.

"Hey! Hey! He's coming!" I said softly.

"Shh, shh!" I heard from some of the guys around me. We all grouped around the doorway as Coach walked in. He looked around at us quizzically.

"What's going on?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Coach," Blue began, "Uh, we wanted to let you know we was going to warm up a little differently tonight." He finished. Coach raised his eyebrows at us while we all smiled back at him.

~ Grace's POV ~

"This is the first true test of the season for the undefeated T.C. Williams Titans, cause tonight, they're going up against the undefeated Groveton Lions. Their all-state nose guard, Kip Tyler, is as mean as a copperhead snake." The announcer said as we watched the Groveton players doing up-downs.

"Raah!" The players yelled as they warmed up. I felt someone grab my arm.

"Grace, why are they doing that?" Nicki asked.

"They're just trying to be intimidating," I respond as I put an arm around Nicki's shoulders.

"And here come the Titans. They're playing in front of a full capacity crowd for the first time this season." The announcer continues.

"Hoo, ha, we feel! Hoo, ha, real good! Hoo, ha, we feel! Hoo, ha, real good! Hoo, ha, we feel! Hoo, ha, real good! Hoo, ha, we feel! Hoo, ha, real good!" The team shouted as they entered the stadium.

"Julius Campbell is playing strong side linebacker." I heard Sheryl say to Nicki, "He's so good. He's got all-American written all over him." I couldn't help but smile at Sheryl's comment.

"Sheryl," Nicki said, trying to get her attention.

"And Gerry Bertier--"

"Sheryl," Nicki said louder, interrupting Sheryl. "I do not care." She finished unimpressed. I let out a small laugh as Sheryl began to pout. I turned back to the field to see the team get in formation

"Everywhere we go! Everywhere we go! People wanna know! People wanna know! Who we are! Who we are! So we tell them! So we tell them!" The team sang as they danced along.

"We are the Titans! We are the Titans! The mighty, mighty Titans! The mighty, mighty Titans! Ooh, ah, oh, yeah. Ooh, ah, oh, yeah" The crowd started cheering for them while the opposite team just looked around in confusion

"Who do they think they are, the Beatles? Alright, quit gawking. Warm-up. Tyler."

"Coach?

"Shut 'em up--hard."

A/N : Sorry for taking so long to update :(

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!!

Thanks for all the love and support xxx