Chapter 13

~ Julius' POV ~

We were at practice the next day, working with Ronnie on all the plays so that in case Rev got injured, he could take over. Boone gave the defensive players a break so he could work with the offensive players for a bit. I stood on the sidelines with Gerry, watching Grace play with Sheryl. She had Sheryl on her back as she carried her around chasing some of the guys. I stare at her dreamily.

"You done making eyes at my sister?" Gerry calls me out, I snap my head towards him as some of the guys wolf-whistle at Gerry's comment

"Huh?" Is all I say. Gerry laughs

"You were staring." He pointed out.

"I can't help it." I sigh. "She's so..."

"Perfect?" Gerry finishes for me.

"Yeah." I agree. Gerry hums.

"Yeah, she's amazing with kids, especially Sheryl who is usually... unruly." He says. I turn to him.

"She's just so sincere and kind," I say, "sometimes I forget y'all are related." Gerry glares at me. I only shrug before laughing, soon Gerry joins me.

~ Grace's POV ~

"Coach," Sheryl said as we walked up to the table. Yoast turned around and smiled.

"Hey, sweetie. Sit down. Have my dessert." Yoast turns to me and pats me on the back, "Speedy." I smile. 

"Coach Boone?" Sheryl asked. Boone looked up at her. "You did a good job up here. You're in a tough camp from what I can see." Sheryl said, sitting down in front of Boone.

"Well, I'm very happy to have the approval of a 5-year-old," Boone commented.

"I'm 9 and a half, thank you very much," Sheryl said starkly.

"Why don't you get this little girl some pretty dolls or something, Coach?" Boone said. I raised my eyebrow.

"I tried. She loves football." Yoast said. I smirk a bit before walking away.

Just as I turn around I run into someone. I look up to see who, and I meet a pair of familiar brown eyes. Julius.

 Julius