Shakhi OS A Perfect Sunday Morning

Backstory: Shaurya and Anokhi are staying at their apartment after marriage. Marriage Of Convenience readers, this is a part of that story.

~ * ~

Shakhi OS A Perfect Sunday Morning

Shaurya Sabharwal heaved a tired sigh as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. It was supposed to be a lazy Sunday morning spent in bed catching up on some extra beauty sleep without any stress. Instead, he's spending the morning cleaning their apartment on his wife's order.

Groaning to himself, Shaurya pulled the window curtain, rolled it and put it inside the bucket next to him before dusting the window. He pressed the wet piece of cloth against the window once he's done dusting the window.

"Cleaning day was supposed to be yesterday" Shaurya voiced out annoyed.

"Which we didn't thanks to Amit bhaiya's party" Anokhi said placing a bucket of fresh water and added, "So, don't whine like a child and get this done, Shaurya"

"Anokhi, come on yaar. It is 7:50 am on a Sunday morning. It is illegal to be up this early on Sunday!" Shaurya complained like a child making Anokhi giggle.

"Don't be such a child, Shaurya. You have to do laundry next" Anokhi said and laughed out on seeing Shaurya's reaction.

"Bahat hassi aa rahi hai kya tum he?" Shaurya huffed and wiped his hand on the towel rested on his shoulder before adding, "Abhi dekho ki kya kartha hoon"

Shaurya was about to run and pounce on Anokhi but end up stumbling on the bucket with dirty water making the water spill on the floor. Both gasped as they jumped from their spot to save themselves from the dirty water.

On seeing Anokhi glaring at him, Shaurya put on a sheepish smile as he scratched his hair looking apologetically at his wife. When Anokhi increased the intensity of the glare showing her disappointment, Shaurya hold his ear making a sorry face.

"Hareey, sorry na yaar. Galti se ho gaya. Yese ghuro math, Anokhi" Shaurya said giving his charming smile that doesn't seem to affect Anokhi.

"Accha?" Anokhi angled her head sideways as she raised an eyebrow before pursing her arms together and tapped her right feet before she added, "I'm off to fix our closet. Before I'm back, I need you to clean this mess you have created"

"Anokhi pleasseee" Shaurya put on a sad face while Anokhi shook her head sideways refusing to give in.

'Yeh pakka ek strict professor hi banegi aur yeh mujhe akdu, sadu professor keh rahi thi, huh. Poor future SIAC wale students' Shaurya thought shaking his head.

Heaving a defeated sigh, Shaurya nodded at Anokhi with a sad pout. As Anokhi walked away laughing at her husband's antics, Shaurya made a funny face at her before grabbing the mob placed next to the bucket and mopped the floor muttering about how he wanted to sleep little longer with his wife in his arms on a Sunday morning and not holding the stick and mop the floor.

Anokhi chucked on seeing her husband mopping the floor before walking inside their room. Having Shaurya Sabharwal in her life means no shortage of drama, fun and banter. Sometimes the guy is super matured and sometimes, he would be the biggest needy grown-up kid. Not that Anokhi minds handling this grown-up kid.

Life is going smoothly for the young couple. They have their struggles but they have learned how to manage their marriage life. The more they stayed together the more they more they realized that they couldn't stay apart.

Anokhi placed the pressed clothes inside the closet. She then tidied the messed-up clothes in their home wear section before closing the closet. She heaved a sigh as she made up their bed and walked out of their room.