Shakhi TS Heart Me, Foe Pt III | A |

Part III | A |

Shaurya was having tea with one of his friends from another department called Arjun at college canteen. They chatted about sports and family stuffs before topic of Pegasus came.

"Yaar Shaurya, tere sath ek voh jo kaam karthi hai na, professor Anokhi"

"Haan, usse kya hua?" Shaurya asked dipping a biscuit into his tea.

"Mein ne usse parson dekha tha. Bahat sundhar thi yaar. Us ke number hai kya tere paas?" Arjun asked.

Shaurya paused for a moment before he looked up at Arjun. He didn't know why he grew uncomfortable, the urge to cook up any reason and not give Arjun Anokhi's number was getting stronger with each passing second.

"Doob gaya" Arjun said grabbing Shaurya's attention.

"Huh" Shaurya looked distracted.

"Biscuit" Arjun pointed at Shaurya's tea cup, "Biscuit doob gaya"

"Haan...haan" Shaurya cleared his throat, "Abhey yaar, voh mein aur Anokhi hamesha argue karke rehthe hai. Ab mein number dhu aur usse patha chalgaya toh mera sar khaa gayegi. Aur voh committed bhi hai"

"Oh" Arjun sounded dejected on learning that Anokhi's taken, "Uski boyfriend kya kart ha hai?"

"Voh bhi professor hai. XYZ college mein" Shaurya didn't know why he lied but he just did, "Yaar department mein mera kuch kaam hai. Mein chaltha hoon"

'Arjun Anokhi ki number pucha toh mein kyun tension ho raha hoon?! Mujhe jooth bol ne ki kya zarurath thi?' Shaurya thought to himself as he walked away.

~ * ~

Pegasus was barely three weeks away and workload increased for everyone. There are committees for every work and there would be staff head for Aided and SF, student leader for both aided and SF and under them students' volunteers would work.

Shaurya was checking the sponsorship list which Prof. Joel sent him when Anokhi approached him.

"Shaurya, rehearsal practice ka status check karna hai. Chalo" Anokhi said.

"Tu aage ja, Anokhi. Mujhe kuch kaam hai. Katham karke aatha hoon" Shaurya said concentrating on the list in front of him without sparing a look at Anokhi making her roll her eyes at him.

"Teek hai!" Anokhi huffed and walked away.

Anokhi over checked the performance list and watched students performing at various side at the indoor stadium. She saw a group of girls arguing over something. Frowning, she walked there.

"Girls, kya hua?"

"Mam! Hum sab group dance kar rahe hain aur us mein couple dance ka ek part hai. Usse kaise execute karna hai, wahi discuss kar rahe the" One among the girl said.

Anokhi enquired them about the songs and the steps they have in mind before she grabbed the hand of one of the girls and suggested few steps.

"Boring"

Anokhi rolled her eyes as she heard Shaurya's voice from behind.

"Kya boring hai ab" Anokhi asked.

"Yeh step boring hai" Shaurya told looking at Anokhi before turning to look at students, "Girls you want audience to scream and enjoy your performance?"

"Yes, sir" The girls said in unison.

One among the girls explained the song and portion to Shaurya while Anokhi watched with folded arms. Shaurya nodded and asked the girl to play the song and without any word, grabbed Anokhi's hand and pulled her towards him making her gasp.

"Tu! Tu kar kya raha hai?!" Anokhi whisper yelled as she held Shaurya to support herself.

"Unhe naach ke dikhana hai na" Shaurya said moving his body and making sure Anokhi's swaying to his moves.

"Toh!"

"Mein students ke sath kaise dance kar saktha hoon. Choti bacche hein"

"Toh mein hi mili kya?!" Anokhi huffed as she swayed along to Shaurya.

"Kyun, tu mere sath nahi nachegi?" Shaurya asked and spun Anokhi before pulling her towards him, his hands on her hands cautious not to touch her inappropriately even by mistake.

"As if you are Hrithik Roshan ki mein tere sath nachne thadapoon" Anokhi said twisting her lips while Shaurya just grinned and guided her to dance along.

Anokhi grew silent and started enjoying the dance as Shaurya twisted and twirled her. Unintentionally, his hand grazed her bare waist making her gasp softly while he held her eyes in his, his hand settled at her shoulders as he waited for her to react.

They panted as they breathed in their proximity while their eyes bore into each other. Something shifted between them as their bodies tingled with excitement rather than discomfort.

The girls clapped pulling them out of their trance. They broke apart and Anokhi tucked her strands behind her ear while Shaurya looked here and there.

"Mam, Sir, super!! Ek dhum badiya tha" One among the girls said.

"Haan, tum log practice karo. Mein communication committee ko jaake dekh tha hoon" Shaurya said clearing his voice and walked away mumbling, "Such a dangerous eyes!"

Anokhi shook her head and spoke to the girls before she walked away. When she raised her hand to look at her watch for time, her eyebrows scrunched into confusion on seeing blue colour on her hands. She checked her both hands and found blue colour. She walked inside the washroom and checked the mirror.

Gasping, Anokhi realized that wherever Shaurya touched, there were traces of blue. She realized it must have rubbed off on her from him. Her cheeks heated up when she saw slight traces of blue on her waist that's slightly exposed.

Trying to bit back the smile and blush that crept on her face, Anokhi mumbled, "Besharam" before she washed her hands and walked away.

~ * ~

Thank you for reading,

Nan ~