Chapter 8

Everything was happening way too fast. I had just said 'of course' to lunch with Tristan. What if Reese just comes and shoots me now? To be honest, now I'm kind of scared of her.
But. I had to take revenge somehow. Makin her jealous was now my top priority. And. Tristan was the only way.

No. I am not using Tristan. At least that wasn't my intention. And we'll if things go well, Tristan was a really nice guy....

Earth to Haley. I've gone way too far with my future planning. Right now, I'm not even sure of what's going to happen at lunch.

*
"So I heard you said yes to Tristan for lunch. Oh my goodness Haley! Emily, we should have forced her into a party earlier if these were the beautiful changes in her that we'd get to see." Kiara said, almost screaming, with a huge smile on her face.

Well that news spread faster than the plague. I wish Reese got to know.

"Yes. I know right? If only had I known. You're turning normal now Haley! I'm so proud." Emily continued.

'Proud'? You're not my mom. Okay, let's not even talk about how proud my mom would be if she got to know what I was doing with my life right now.

"Guys." I started. The next thing I should have said was something rude and bitchy, but I surprised them an myself by saying- "Am I looking alright?"

Yes. Now I was officially turning crazy.

"To the restroom!" They both exclaimed.

They retouched my makeup and fixed my hair and clothes.

"Now, to the cafeteria, princess Haley!"

*

The walk was long and I was over thinking my decision.

When we reached there, I received multiple glares from the ladies. Now I was getting used to it. I had been receiving them all morning, till now.

Tristan waved from the table he was at and he seemed kind of shocked. In fact, I was shocked myself for even being here. The normal Haley would just run away and go hide in her closet, in hope of finding Narnia so she could escape all of this.

He had three spots saved. Two for Emily and Kiara, I guess. How sweet.

"Oh my god. He is so adorable. He has seats left for Kiara and I too. And Brad is there. I call dibs on the seat next to Brad." Emily said.

What happened to her bang friend? Oh well, she's Emily, she does multiple men at once.

I wanted to take the seat in the middle, between Emily and Kiara. But of course Kiara did not like the arrangement an. Had me sit right next to Tristan.

Tristan initiated a conversation. It was way more awkward than the one we had earlier during biology class, insulting Reese.

By the way, where was Reese? I looked around the cafeteria and saw no sign of her. Her friends were at their table, but she wasn't there.

Hiding away now, was she?

Meanwhile, Tristan introduced me to his friends, Brad and Jake, and I introduced them to mine.

We engaged in some small talk and by the end of our time together, I had said yes to going out with him to the café, I had met Trevor at, the day before.

Thinking about Trevor made me dislike Tristan for some reason.

No Haley. Thinking about two boys at once? Gosh. You can't even handle one.

Still no sign of Reese.

*

Kiara and Emily came to pick me up from my house. Tristan had insisted on picking me up from my house, but I was no taking any chances with my mom around. 'Kiara, Emily and I were going for coffee together' I had told my mom.

And therefore, I had to keep my attire casual, although I would have anyway. I just hope Tristan doesn't come dressed up in a suit and tie or something.

I was wearing a light blue tank top, with a peach colored cardigan, jeans and sneakers.

As expected, I had to deal with Emily and Kiara's constant teasing. I was a bit late. Oops.

As soon as we reached the café, I rushed out of the car and into the café. This act got me more taunts from my best friends.

As soon as I entered, the first thing I saw was blonde haired, hot stalker boy, Trevor. Well, he was here first, so I don't think it's legit calling him a stalker this time.

Initially, my instincts pushed me towards him but then my conscience kicked in and reminded me of Tristan. I looked around, and in the process locked eyes with Trevor, for the first time that day. He gave me a smile, which I returned a bit too enthusiastically.

His eyes were so blue. Now even my conscience was pushing me towards him.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my hand from behind. I turned to look and it was Tristan.

"Hi" he breathed in a flustered voice.

I then looked down at our hands, and he immediately let go, a blush creeping on to his cheeks.

I laughed at his cute expression. To ease the tension, I grabbed Tristan's hand.

"Lead us to the table, sir."

"Yes, ma'am. " he replied, smiling and intertwined his hands in mine.

Throughout this, I could feel Trevor's eyes burning into me.