Chapter 7

We were staring.

A rude habit my mom had told me when I was a small, unimportant child.

Jounouchi and I were staring at eachother. His endless Golden Brown meeting my deep Violet. His eyes portrayed his concern and his worry about something..

Me...I realized. He's worried about me....

A new concept for me.

For as long as I could remember I was on my own. Both before and after my parents died when I Was 12. Even when they were present they would ignore me. They never cared about anything...Not even me.

Something snapped me out of my stupor.
Or someone...

Marik.

He summoned his Makyura the Destructor with an attack of 1600 which increased to 2100 after summoning the magic card Black Pendant .

Didn't know he was into Jewelry. Maybe he's gay...I thought and I saw him chuckle as he attacked my Unfriendly Amazon. But I countered it by summoning the Amazon archers.

The Amazon Archers have her back...I wish I had friends who did that...
They decreased Marik's quote on quote "Destroyer" to a mere 1600 again; easy for my Amazon to take out.
And she did.

The strange part was...

Marik was laughing about it.
"Why thanks, Mai dear. I've always wanted to forget strings", He said Maliciously.

I was confused.

"Strings"?
"Forget....Strings"
What is he talking about? Maybe the air pressure is getting to his spiky head-

"My head is fine Miss Kujaku. It's yours I'm curious about", He then smirked.

I couldint believe it.

Marik could read my thoughts...

And He was scaring me.
Me.
Mai Kujaku.
Was scared.

It wasn't exactly a new feeling. I just wasn't....familiar with it. Being scared is a weakness. One I have and want to get rid of.

But that's kind of hard with a psychotic freak out to mess up my head!!!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the crowd made a sudden surprised noise in unison.

Marik's Makyura the Destructor was back.

"H-How?!" I stammered.

This seemed to please him. "My Makyura's special ability. I get a trap card. Rope of life. This brings him back with 500 more attack points. Enough to take down your little Amazon"!

It all happened so quickly.

He attacked.
I fell to the ground, on my knees.
I saw Jounouchi...

Wait..

Jounouchi?

I looked up and i swear my heart had stopped.

I saw sweet, innocent, Jounouchi Katsuya above me.
He winked at me and waved.

"Later Mai", and then he shattered into a million pieces...

That's when I realized...I needed him.

I, Mai Kujaku needed someone.

I was weak.