Chapter 5

As soon as the bell rang announcing the day was done, Savannah picked up her things and booked it. She could not wait to get out of that shit hole of a school and leave all those people, even if it was only until tomorrow. 

       Shane saw her trying to leave, but he wasn't going to let her do that. She just embarrassed him in front of a whole class, and he wasn't going to let her think what she did was okay. That's not how things worked. 

      "What the fuck was that?" he pulled her arm back. 

     "Ow, let go of me," Savannah released her arm from his grip. He thought she was going to say something but instead she just turned around and kept walking.

      "Savannah, stop! I want to talk to you," he walked after her.

    "Oh my God, you actually want to talk to me? Are you sure? We're in public," she obnoxiously reminded him.

     He rolled his eyes, "You're still as bitter as ever I see."

     "I wonder why," she said.

  "You're bringing up stuff from a year ago, just let it go," he said. "You seriously need to get over it."

     "I'm not even mad about that anymore! Oh my God," she said.

    "Well obviously you're mad about something," he said. "I want to know why you did that."

     Savannah widened her eyes and raised her eyebrow, and Shane knew she was about to explode. He knew why she was mad. What he meant to ask was why she thought it was okay for someone of her standard to try to challenge him like that.

    Shane saw his football friends coming and they could all clearly see him talking to Savannah. Savannah turned around and saw them also and knew things were about to get ten times worse. 

     "I'm sorry," she said, just to end things.

     "What?" Shane wanted her to repeat it louder for his friends to hear.

    "I'm sorry that I tried calling you out on being such a dick all the time," she said. That's not what he wanted her to say.

     He picked up his arm and she thought he was going to hit her. Instead, in one swift motion, he pushed her out of his way, slamming her into a locker. It was harder than he'd meant, but he didn't care.

    "Get the fuck out of here, I can't stand you," he yelled at her and then walked over to his friends.