Kisses (Zayn)

It was a very sad day for you and a lot of people. Today was the day of the funeral of your aunt. She was a best friend, someone who you could always go to for advice and you could count on her to make you laugh. You sat there looking around and see people with tissues to their eyes and heard sniffling all around. You were definitely sad, very sad but you wanted to be strong, for your aunt, someone who was just as strong. As you continued to look around your eyes finally landed on your best friend since middle school, Zayn. He gives you a small smirk and you gave one back, but quickly turned back around. when the funeral was over, people would walk up to the family that had the sad lost, and give them a kiss on the cheek, a hug or a hand shake and say they're sorry. You didn't want to be there and listen to people say sorry when you just wanted to go home. Then Zayn comes up to you, with his hands in his pockets, giving you another weak smile. "I'm really, really sorry, y/n." he says. You didn't want to hear those words but you believed them when they came out of his mouth. Then he leans in closer, giving you a soft, long lasting kiss on the cheek. Later when you finally arrived home, you ran into your room, closing the door behind you and letting all the tears out. You changed your clothes and made your way to your bed, just wanting to lay down. But then you heard a knock coming from your window. You were a bit scared and confused at the same time. You slowly moved your blinds to the side and you saw Zayn. You just stared at him for a bit. You didn't like crying in front of people and you weren't really planning to do so in front of zayn. You removed the window lock and slide the window open. "What are you doing here?" you ask. "I wanted to check up on you." he says. "You know you could have used the door." you say with a small laugh, trying to cover up the feeling of wanting to cry. "You know you can cry if you have to." he says and that makes you lose your smile. He crawls in and sits next to you on the bed. You were never the type of person to show emotion. You two were sitting in front of each other with crossed legs and you bowed your head as you played with your finger tips. Zayn places his hands on your head and gives you a kiss on the forehead. You knew Zayn was right, about crying but you couldn't. "Y/n...are you okay?" and when he asks that, you couldn't hold it back anymore. For some reason, that one question triggered the waterfall of tears streaming down your face. You look up at him, trying to keep your lips from quivering and you stared at him even though all you saw was the blur from your tears. You shake your head, letting him know that you weren't okay. He pulls you close and hugs tight and you cry into his shirt. when you two pull away, he holds your face with his hands and kisses you on the cheek and then slowly, but surprisingly kisses you on the lips. When he pulls away you're expression showed how shocked you were. "I'm-I'm sorry." he says. You couldn't respond. "Maybe I should go." he says, as he starts to scoot over closer to the window. You grabbed his arm and place your hand on his cheek, giving him the signal to lean in closer until your lips finally met again. This time, the kiss was longer and it felt right. And for just a bit, you forgot about all the sadness you felt that day.