20

~2 weeks later~

The escape was thankfully successfull, we drove for two hours and when it was time for me to change cars the driver gave me a phone

Nessa called during the drive to the place where I took the jet.

She told me how angry adrien got and how many people he punched, he even shot a guard.

So typical and a part of me can't help but feel guilty that I'm the reason why but I have to put myself first for once.

My new identity is aurora loris, I am a 24 years old woman who has her own business.

Nessa was kind enough to buy an entire coffee shop for me to run, she said it's safer than working for someone.

I still feel like a burden and feel weird but I'd rather feel this way than be stuck as his wife or be dead.

I am currently cleaning before I have any costumers, today is my second day here.

I hired a girl called kacey to help because I for sure won't be able to mange the entire coffee shop on my own.

I have a few recipes that I serve and things are going smoothly so far.

I still have nightmares of him finding me, I barely had any peaceful sleep the first few nights but I am slowly adjusting.

However I sleep a lot, sometimes I decide not to sleep because I hate the nightmares I get but I always end up sleeping as a wave of exhaustion always washes over me.

I didn't get my period at all which at some point was great but I am worrying now.

I took an appointment at a hospital that is a few blocks away and I will go at 2 pm.

I just wish it's nothing serious.

The bell at the entrance warns me that someone is coming in.

I look up and immediately smile as I see kacey walking in.

"Heyyyyyy" she greets in her usual cheery voice looking happy and excited.

I greet her back with as much excitement feeling happy.

The happiest I've been this year after everything that went down.

This might not be the field I chose but it's what I've always wanted, be happy and free.

" stay here while I go make some brownies, muffins and pancakes." I say walking to the kitchen.

I see her nod and enter ready to start baking but my phone rings.

I look down at the called id to see nessa's name.

We've been calling every day for the past 2 weeks.

I answer and put the phone on speaker on the counter as I get the ingredients.