Chapter 1

6 years later ...
Lola, 19 years old.
I ran down the streets of New York the polluted air wafting up my nose , not relaxing me a tiny bit from the fact that I was extremely late for my photo shoot that was going into my portfolio if it is successful . I hailed a yellow cab from the street and jumped in.
"Park avenue!" I said to the driver breathing in and out trying to catch my breath.
10 minutes later I was gazing up at the huge glass tower and ran in tripping in my heels a few times.
"Lola singer," I introduced myself
"I'm here for the photo shoot for teen vogue !" I said to the receptionist.
"Your late," she checked her watch. "By 5 minutes, they are not going to be impressed!"
"I'm sorry there was traffic!" I bit my lip.
She sighed. "Take the lift, fifth floor on your right"
I thank her and walk hurriedly towards the lift, I squeezed into the lift , got of the fifth floor then went to my left and then realised I went the wrong way went to my right.
There was a door that said teen vogue, I straightened my hair out and smoothed out my dress.
"Lola singer , your late!" A man came out wearing tight skinny jeans and a tight top he had a thick Italian accent.
"I'm so sorry I-"
"Just come in we are going to interview you first then do our test shoots" he said motioning for me to go inside.
I went inside formally trying not to trip over my heels.
I sat down and became face today's with 3 women and 2 men.
"Lola singer , your late!" A women with long brown hair said.
I was sick and tired of them saying it again and again , they might as well say it for the whole interview.
I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut short by the women continuing.
"We don't accept models who are not punctual at all times, but I just found out there was a lineup on the highway so we will let you off the hook this time!" She said.
I exhaled.
She asked me more questions and then it was time for my test shoot.
My pulse was increasing by the second, what about if I faint half way through the shoot with excitement ?
I was interrupted from my thoughts and came face to face with a women.
"Hi I'm Madison your stylist and also will be your publicist if the people judging you think you have modelling in you !" She said.
I smiled and introduced myself finally someone who doesn't remind me of being extremely late to the school.
She led me over to a chair with a light up mirror.
I look at all the makeup brands neatly placed on the table next to me, it looked like it would cost £1000, concealer, press powder, blusher you name it.
"Just relax and let me do the magic " she said putting a curtain over the mirror, I blinked it was like something out of a transformation show where people with no sense of style get transformed to look 10 years younger.
I winced as she put a lot of eye makeup on and blinked a hundred times when she 'tried' to do a wing eyeliner,she got there in the end, she brushed my hair out and added more volume
She told me to pick out 10 outfit and the first one was a floral skater skirt, never ,I chose a denim design looking skater skirt, a crop top that was from American apparel and converse.
I did , what felt like 1000 hours of photo shoot and my eyes were hurting from the flash.
The poses came naturally and the people instructing me to do the poses didn't have to fuss much.
Soon it was over and I was told I would get a call if I got in to the agency and if they would like to help me fill my portfolio.
I thanked them politely and changed into the clothes I came in and my uncomfortable heels. I rushed out the door and called for a taxi.
I went all the way to the apartment I was staying in with Sydney (who I met a little bit after) and Lucy  ( who I have known since I was young .)
I went into the lobby and in the lift , my feet aching.
Once I took one single step in the apartment.
They pounced from their seats in the living room.
I stood back startled
"Soooo-" they started.
I raised an eyebrow and kicked my heels off.
"Did they accept you?" lucy asked.
"Oh" I put my coat off and ran to the kitchen. "If I was successful they would call me so until then .."
"Well fingers crossed!" Sydney said.
I smiled sitting on the island counter and stuffing my face with spicy Cheetos.
I know what your thinking , an aspiring model who is stuffing her face with Cheetos with each one worth around 1000 calories in a typical model eyes.
But I'm not a typical model, I don't watch my calories, I try eat Healthy but for my health not for my looks, my looks comes in the picture when I work out , but I don't go to the gym ! Oh that's a no no ! I dance instead , I have always loved dancing and at one of the countries most prestige dance companies Pineapple (authors note: I don't know if that exists in America )
I like modelling and dance I feel like I was born to do it.
I walked over to the bathroom and took a shower to get the chemicals out my hair and after that I was so exhausted I went to bed.
The second my head came in contact with the pillow I fell into a deep sleep.