Chapter 2

Mitch's POV

I gave him a small wave. 

My dad kept staring. I think he's in shock. 

Annika frowns but quickly wipes it off her face. 

"Oh my god," my dad states. "How are you here?" he asks. I shrug.

"I drove," I reply, keeping my voice calm. Annika sighs. 

"Do you want to come in?" dad asks. I shrug and he steps aside, allowing Annika and me in. 

He gestures for me and Annika to sit. We oblige. 

My dad sits across from us.

"What happened to you?" dad asks, frowning. I shrug.

"A lot," I reply. "Dropped out of college, found a job" I add. 

My dad stares at me, and then he looks at Annika. 

"Who are you?" he asks, his voice was polite. 

"My name is Annika, pleased to meet you," she greets, not smiling. My dad nods and turns back to me.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," my dad states, crossing his arms. I give Annika a glance. We lock eyes and she shrugs. I sigh.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I ask. 

"Where did you go after you left?" dad asks. I hesitate.

"I went to Spain" I reply, keeping my voice cool. It wasn't a lie, not really. "Wanted to become a doctor, but that job just wasn't for me," I explained. Dad raises his brows.

"What happens to the FBI college?" he asks. Annika tries to hide a grin. I turn to her.

"What?" I demand, confused. Annika can't hide the smile.

"You wanted to be an FBI agent?" she asks. I roll my eyes and nod. "Wow," she states. I glare at her, turning back to my dad.

"Anyways, I quit college and went on a vacation," I stated. 

"Do you have a job now?" dad asks. I nod. Annika gives me a reassuring smile. 

I grip her hand under the table. 

"I work as a CIA," I reply, my eyes hardening. Dad stares at me.

"The CIA" he repeats, slowly. I nod. 

"Yup," I state. Dad sighs.

"What do you do?" he asks. I shrug.

"I am the CIA's best agent, I work to catch Terrorists," I reply. I technically work to kill, but he doesn't have to know that unless he asks. 

Dad nods. He's taking this better than I thought.

"What about you?" dad asks, turning to Annika. 

"I was undercover in Iran for about five years, but now after an accident, I'm M-Stiles's partner," Annika replies. She nearly said Mitch. She shoots me a glance. I squeeze her hand. 

"I'm known as Mitch now," I state, turning to my dad. My dad stares at me. "Mitch Rapp," I add.

Dad nods. 

"So you two work together as CIA agents?" dad asks. I shrug.

"Kind of, we have separate missions and-" I start to reply, but was cut off by the phone ringing. I immediately pick up. 

"Rapp," I state, answering the phone. 

"Rapp, it's Stan," Stan replies. 

"What is it?" I ask.