Chapter 4

Mitch's POV

Dream

I was stuck, unable to move. I pushed against the door. 

"Open!" I yelled. I heard a menacing laugh echo around the room. I gritted my teeth and desperately shook the handle. 

"Mitch" the voice taunted.  I turned around. 

"Who's there!" I yelled. "Let me out!" I growled. The voice laughed again. 

"Mitch, come here," the voice said in a sing-songy voice. I gripped my gun, but it vanished. "Mitch, come out," the voice barked out. I growled. 

I tried the handle again and it opened. I stepped out and was surprised when I came face to face with a beach. 

There was loud laughter. 

"Mitch!" I voice squealed. I turned and saw Katrina. She laughed and tried to hug me. I stepped back. 

"Get back, you aren't real" I stated, gripping my gun. Katrina looked sad, confused, so real. 

"Mitch?" she asked. I shook my head, backing away. Her expression turned into a bitter smile and she let out a scream. It was loud and pained. She collapsed and I saw three bullet holes. 

"It's your fault MItch," she whispered before she was still. The voice laughed as I raised my gun. 

"Mitch" another voice whispered. I whipped around. 

I was at a museum. 

I walked around, gripping my gun tightly. 

"And here is a statue of Annika who was killed by Mitch Rapp," a tour guide said, smiling at me. The other people on the tour turned to me. Their eyes were cut out and their lips were sealed. 

I backed away.

"Stop!" I yelled. 

"Mitch, please" a voice pleaded. I turned around and saw Annika kneeling on the floor. 

"Goodbye Mitch," she spat out, her face twisting wickedly into a smirk. She barked out a laugh before shooting herself. 

The ringing of her voice bounced inside my brain. 

The scene changed and I was on a stage. 

"Ladies and Gents, the murderer of the year, Mitch Rapp!" a voice presented. The audience screamed and clapped. 

They chanted my name. 

"Mitch! Mitch! MItch!" they shouted, over and over again. I screamed. 

"Stop it!" I roared. "Let me out please" I begged. The voice cooed and laughed. 

"Mitch," the voice said. "Mitch," it repeats. 

"What!" I yell, thrusting my hands up. "Let me out!" I yelled. 

End Of Dream

I woke up with Annika calling my name. 

I gasped and took a breath of air. I gripped Annika tightly, felt my labored breathing. 

"Shhh, it's okay," Annika promised, rubbing my back. I whispered her name over and over again. "It's okay, don't panic, you safe now," she soothes. I let out shaky breaths and feel tears fall down my face. 

"I'm sorry," I sob, gripping her shoulder tightly. "I'm so sorry, I whisper. 

Annika hugs me tighter, putting her chin on the top of my head. She strokes my face and my hair.