8

"It's early as hell, what do you want?" Kurt groaned.

On the other end he heard a certain signature laughter. His breathing immediately hitched.

"Hey, Hummel."

He sat up, grabbing Blaine's leather jacket and putting it on before it slipped off him. His fast actions caused Blaine to stir, rubbing his eyes before wondering who Kurt could be talking to so early.

"J-Jack?"

"I got a phone call. What's up, buddy."

"Don't fucking call me buddy."

Blaine sat up, putting a hand on Kurt's tense back.

"Why are you calling me?" Kurt demanded.

A low sigh. "Kurt there's nothing I can do to you from a jail cell. I've been here for a year. I barely remember your face."

Kurt suddenly felt bad. Blaine listened.

"I-I..." Kurt shook his head and swallowed. "Jack, why are you calling me?" He repeated.

"I-I'm gay." Jack whispered.

"We know." Both boys groaned.

Jack was quiet for a moment.

"Oh..." then he continued. "Blaine came to see me before he went to find his mom. I wanted to make sure you knew. He's a little irrational when it comes to her."

"I'm with him now."

"You are? Oh, good! Are you guys okay?"

This didn't sound like the Jack Kurt knew. All those years of wondering why Jack would do such an awful thing. Wondering why he was such an awful person. Hearing him how, Kurt couldn't help but think he wasn't such an awful guy.

Though it didn't excuse anything. Jail broke him. He needed that.

"We're um... we're fine. Thanks for asking."

"Okay, well I'll let you go-"

"WAIT!" Blaine immediately protested.

Kurt paused, confused by the outburst.

"I need to ask him something." Blaine pleaded. "Please. It's important."

Kurt nodded, handing him the phone.

"Have you seen my father...?"

*******

"Blaine missed trial. Somehow, the court got fake pictures of Blaine's arm and now I'm sitting in a jail cell charged with child abuse when he's not even a fucking child." John spoke coldly.

Artie was shocked beyond words.

"Why are you calling here?"

"Tell Blaine he needs to bust me out or there'll be hell to pay. I know you and your faggot friends are in communication."

"Actually... he's with Kurt. We haven't heard from him since he ran away with Blaine to find your wife."

"Blaine did what?"

"SHUT UP!!" Puck mouthed.

"Nothing! They're missing."

"Like hell they are. Blaine said he was missing last year when he was really running off with that faggot! And now he's doing it again. I'll kill him I swear-" and then he hung up.

Artie dropped the phone.

"What. The. Fuck."

******

"Sorry, Blaine. I'm in Juvie, remember? I'm not going to the big jail until I turn 18."

"Oh... right. Never mind then." Blaine replied, handing the phone back to Kurt with trembling hands.

Kurt hung up without taking his eyes off Blaine.

"Hey." Blaine looked at him. "What's this about your dad?"

"I-It's just I missed trial. But I know he's in jail. So... how- I sent the pictures in, I know. But that only buys a few years. If he gets out? I-I don't-"

"He's gone." Kurt said.

"I know," Blaine panicked, hands shaking. "but-but no jail can hold him forever-"

"Blaine." Kurt silenced him with a calm voice. "He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore."

Blaine nodded mutely, trying to calm down.

"Deep breaths?" Kurt questioned.

"Y-yes."

Together, they slowed Blaine's breathing back down to a regular pattern. At that point, there was no reason to go back to sleep. So, they packed up the car and continued driving.

"You know, we only have about a day left." Blaine said. "Till we get to moms house."

"You know you never told me much about her."

Blaine got a little quiet.

"She wasn't around much. When she was, she kept my dad in check. I still can't believe Jack might be my brother."

"Yeah that does sound pretty... weird."

"But he's different. And in jail anyway. So it wouldn't change much of anything."

"True." Kurt agreed.

"Do you think... I mean is it possible we'll ever see him again? Outside of jail?"

"No. He murdered someone. That's life in prison."

"Unless there's evidence that suggests otherwise."

"Why would there be? We heard the gunshot!"

"But we didn't see it, and neither did the football players."

"Blaine, what are you saying?"

The gelled boy shrugged. "There's just so many possibilities..."

I haven't posted in a while I know I know but I'm here again. I'm updating every single one of my stories in due time. Please comment or message me which stories you'd like completed first. Unless it says discontinued.