Chapter 5: An Older Student

Your school classroom, 9:31 AM.

You and Shota are in grade 6 now. You can see he's struggling with something, so you lean over his shoulder to look at his paper. "What's up?" You ask, looking over his jot notes. "The ceiling."

"I know that much, I mean why are you close to making a unibrow with your eyebrows?" You ask, pointing to his paper. Shota sighs, and taps his pencil on his desk. "Our teacher went too fast with the lecture this morning, I barely got anything down."

You nod, and reach over to your desk. You nab your own notes and slide them over onto Shota's desk, and he raises an eyebrow. "Here, use mine." You say, smiling. Shota looks at you for a few seconds before deciding to give in. "Alright. Oh, and thank you."

You hum in response and then search for your teacher. You spot him in the corner talking to a student, so you stand up out of your desk with a goal to ask him a question. "Excuse me, may I use the bathroom?"

Your teacher nods and sends you on your way.

As you walk down the hallway of your school, you spot a group of students most likely in a different higher grade. That wouldn't be a problem, but they're blocking the bathroom entrance. You walk over to them, there seemed to be three.

"Can you guys move over please?" You ask, trying to sound as nice as possible. One of the students just scoffed and continued his conversation with the two others.

The smile on your face instantly faltered. You didn't understand why these people willingly decided to be a pain when they could just move aside a few steps.

"Please move over." You repeat, trying to get past these three yourself. Yet you're practically shoved backwards when you try to step forward. You sigh, and can feel yourself losing your patience. "Alright. What's your deal?"

"We aren't moving for some twelve year old like you." The guy retorts, his other two friends looking at you now. You sigh, and put your hands in your pocket. "Why did you call me a twelve year old like it was an insult?"

He didn't take too kindly to that, mainly because he had nothing to comeback with. He and his friends moved out of the way, but it came with the price of being aggressively tripped onto the ground. The palms of your hands stung as you came in contact with the ground, but you were glad the bathroom was accessable now.

You grumbled as you got up and made your way to the bathroom, quickly doing what you needed to do before heading back to class and carried the day out as per usual.

The next day, 7:12 AM.

"Ah- damnit, I left my backpack at my house." Shota groans, clearly annoyed with himself. You chuckle a bit. "How did you not notice it wasn't on you?" You ask, holding back a laugh.

"I was tired, I stayed up late studying for our test today. I'm going back to get it, don't wait for me." Shota says, spinning around and jogging back to his house. Luckily it wasn't too far from here. "You sure you don't want me to wait?"

"Yes." Was the last you could here from him as he turned a corner. You wanted to wait, but you took his word for it and just started walking to school by yourself. He'd probably catch up in no time anyways, you didn't get that far yet.

"Hey. Y/N, was it?" The student who pushed you over yesterday walks up to you as you make your way through the gate. The only difference this time being that he didn't have his friends with him.

"Yeah, that's me. Do you need something?" You ask, stopping to talk to him. Maybe he wanted to apologize for being rude to you yesterday?

"Yeah. I need to know why you thought snapping at me like that was humorous." He retorts, standing over you. "Snapping? I didn't snap at you! I just asked why you were being rude for no-"