Dear Best Friend...I miss you.

(BTW in this Peter and Ned are 27 and they obviously drifted apart. I was so close to making this about a stranger because I love Ned and Peter SO MUCH but it just hit harder this way. Endgame did not happen because we can't handle that much depression. Enjoy...or don't!)

Peter's POV:

I passed you on the street today, we exchanged a bro-hug and talked a bit but you had to leave for some meeting...heard you went off to college and became the head technician at some huge company. I am so proud, you went from guy in the chair to rich businessman in just a few years. I miss you...or- Who you used to be.

I thought we would be best friends forever. Guess not. People ask me if I know you. All the lego sets we built and the missions where you were on your headset flash through my head but I just respond with 'I used to.' The worst part about losing you is that I can't tell my best friend what's going on. People move on...you did...why can't I?

We're not friends, not enemies...just strangers with memories. I want to be okay with it, but I'm not. I thought I would always be there to protect you, take a bullet for you, and vice versa...I didn't expect you to be the one who pulled the trigger.

I don't really understand. We just split. It's so simple yet so complicated. Thought you would be my guy in the chair forever, even after the Avengers, you were the biggest support I had.

Remember when we used to fight over who loved each other more? Guess I won...or maybe you do still think about me. I don't know. You know that saying, "You never know how much something means until it's gone?" It's so true. I just assumed we would be together forever. You would be the best man at my wedding and I would be yours. My children would grow up with the best Uncle/Godfather.

I'm sorry for what I did wrong. I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe I took too much time with the Avengers, or you finally realized how dangerous it is to be best friends with a hero. We used to tell each other: "Promise we'll be friends forever." We would always just laugh and nod. I think only one of us meant it.

It's hard, I still remember how we would only have each other at school, and we'd get bullied together. But it didn't matter because as soon as we went home May would give us freshly baked cookies and we'd stuff ourselves with them as we had our hundredth Star Wars marathon.

Life is okay if you were wondering...hard without my best friend. I married MJ and we have a boy and a girl, twins actually. The girl is named Natalie after Aunt Nat, she inherited MJ's beautiful dark hair and has the most adorable dark brown doe eyes but she has my creamy skin. Anthony, the boy who's named after Mr. Stark, is the opposite. He has my lighter hair and eyes with MJ's dark skin, yet somehow, you can tell they're twins. They're two years old now. I married MJ five years ago. We didn't have a best man...it didn't feel right without you. I tell the twins stories every night about our missions as Spider-Man, they've come to love the uncle they've never met.

Again, I hope you're okay. Who knows? Maybe we'll be able to meet up once again. It's not gonna be the same as before. We changed but we're still Spider-Man and his Guy in the Chair right? I miss you.

(Italics is crossed out because APPARENTLY, YOU CANT USE STRIKTHROUGH ON WATTPAD-) 

Signed,

Sincerely,

Love,

Your Best Friend, always and forever, Peter Parker.