♥︎ QUATTRO ♥︎

FEDERICO'S POV

As I headed towards The Maldini Residence, I noticed Adriana with another man. I immediately approached them and saw that he was trying to take off her shirt. I then heard Adri scream and raced towards them, pulling Adri away from her and punching the guy.

I could feel Adriana's heart racing as I carried her to my car; I wanted to stop and kiss her right then and there, but I knew I couldn't since she doesn't like me, she loves that other guy Joshua mentioned.

TIME SKIP TO WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT FEDERICO'S HOUSE

"Wow, you have a beautiful home." As I opened the car door for Adriana, she remarked.

It would have been much more wonderful if you had lived here with me.

"I suppose it's nice," I said quickly as I led her into the house.

"So, what do you want to do? If you like, we can watch a movie; I have Disney+, Netflix, and Hulu. Just tell me what movie you want to see and I'll put it on!" I responded cheerfully, hoping to cheer her up.

"Haha, how about we watch Pretty Little Liars together? It's getting late already, so I might have to stay the night if that's okay with you." She stated 

"Sure, let me go fetch the popcorn. Would you want some more comfortable clothes? If you like, I have some of my sister's pajamas here." I mentioned

"No problem, I can stay in my clothes, and may I come with you to the kitchen, I really don't want to be alone after what happened back at my house?" She added

"Of course you can come!" I mentioned this as I led her to the kitchen.

I was thinking about who the person who was with Adriana at her house was while I was pulling the popcorn bags out of the cabinet.

"He's my ex." She said

"Wait, did I just say that out loud?" I said quickly and awkwardly.

"Yes haha." She chuckled.

"Sorry," I said as I returned my gaze to the popcorn.

"No, no, it's OK, you don't have to apologize!" "I really wanted to talk to someone about what he used to do to me," she explained.

Wow. I'm overjoyed that she trusted me with this.

" He was abusive to me, he would beat me and come home drunk most of the time, he was alright at first, but after I moved in with him after 2 years of dating him, he started hitting me and when he was drunk he would hurt me badly." She said this as she lifted her shirt to show me some of the bruises he had left on her.

"The only problem was that he wouldn't let me leave him. He would threaten me and warn me that if I ever left him, he would do awful things to me and my family." She added. 

"He was also cheating on me, and he openly showed it and didn't try to hide the fact that he did that. Soon after things got so bad that Josh and My dad realized how scared I was around him and how many bruises I had, I would quickly use an excuse and said that I just fell somewhere but soon it became so bad that they didn't believe me and found out about what he would do." She stated

"Then they forced me to end our relationship, and when we took him to court and gave the judge enough evidence of what he had done. They imprisoned him. But now that he's out of jail, he'll certainly try his hardest to make my life a living hell once more." She went on to say something more before breaking down in tears.

" Hey, hey, don't cry, I hate seeing you like this. " I started this as I drew her in for a hug.

"He isn't worth your tears, and if he ever does something to you, don't be scared to tell me, and I will personally come and beat him up for you. Adriana, I care deeply about you and will go any mile to make you happy. So please don't cry about him, and if you want, I can make some calls and get you a restraining order so he can't get near you again." I included

Oh, Adriana, you have no idea what I would do for you.