II - XXII:「The Promise We Made」

❝I'll always be here for you, no matter what.❞

»»----- ♡ -----««

Summer went by in a flash. It was now July, and the start of a new year in Hogwarts was growing near. Alem and (Y/N) have been busy doing their summer homework for the rest of the second week of July, that they haven't been able to visit Zeke all that much.

Zeke understood that they were busy, however and left them to do their work. He also needed to finish his last summer homework before his tutor comes by September 1st.

While (Y/N) was busy thinking of how they can survive their second year due to the release of the basilisk in the school, Alem already finished his homework and supervised his twin throughout the whole day to make sure they weren't slacking.

Because the start of a new school year in Hogwarts was growing nearer everyday, Aurelia and Lawrence became busy in the Ministry and haven't had a day off since July rolled around.

Aurelia had to discuss to certain countries from all over Europe and all over the world for potential exchange students, while Lawrence had to hear the side of troublemakers who demanded for a hearing in the Wizengamot court for being expelled in Hogwarts.

This made (Y/N) and Alem go to Diagon Alley with Wallace instead. Alem felt sad that their parents couldn't join them this year to get the necessary school supplies the twins needed for Hogwarts, unlike last year. Aurelia and Lawrence were present last year when the twins first went to Diagon Alley.

"I'm kinda excited! Aren't you?" (Y/N) enthusiastically asked their deadpanned brother, who was sitting beside them while reading over the list that they needed to buy for their second year between his slender white fingers.

They were currently riding a train from Surrey to London, as none of them can apparate and (Y/N) and Wallace cannot ride brooms. It takes longer for them to arrive at their destination, but this was the only option that the Rosewoods had.

It'll take an hour and fourty-five minutes for them to get to their location, but they thought it was worth it if the twins could see the wonders of the city of London once more.

"Sit properly, will you?" Alem sighed at his childish twin with a frown curling down on his pink lips. "We'll be arriving in London soon."

"I know, I know!" (Y/N) lets out a melodious laugh and obliged with Alem's request while peering over their brother's shoulder and reading out the things they needed to buy.

The more the young Rosewood read the list, the more their cheerful expression fell.

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 2)
by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee
by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls
by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags
by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls
by Gilderoy Lockart

Voyages with Vampires
by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves
by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti
by Gilderoy Lockhart

(Y/N)'s face scrunched up in disgust when they saw that almost everything they needed to buy was written by the fraud that they were going to encounter this year. None of their friends knew that Gilderoy was a scumbag who removed people's memories of their encounters with such creatures, but it still made them cringe nonetheless.