In Love With The Devil

(Art by crisoloplap on Tumblr)

Quackity walked over to his desk and sat across from me.

"Why don't you take a seat, Wil." Big Q said with a devilish smile. 

As I sat down, I could sense Quackity was looking at me. I could picture him in my arms, his beautiful face close to mine, his charming smile, his sweet voice luring me in like a siren, his chocolate brown eyes sparkling with joy, his soft lips hit mine. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, and my cheeks grow hot.

"Whiskey?" Quackity asked, my sweet daydream fading and reality coming back.

"Sure." 

Quackity opened a drawer and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and two old fashioned glasses. As he poured the beverage into the cups, I slowly faded from reality, and into another daydream. I was staring at the sunset in Las Nevadas, Quackity's hand in mine, his head on my shoulder, holding him close to me. 

"Wilbur...? Wilbur Soot?" I heard Quackity calling my name. His voice echoing through my mind. "Wilbur! Wilbur are you okay? Wil?" Quackity's callings slowly getting louder.

As my daydream faded away, I could see Quackity in front of me. My cheeks turned a deep shade of pink, in embarrassment. 

"I'm so sorry Big Q!" I said in a panic, apologizing for my absurd behavior. 

I grabbed my glass of whiskey and swallowed the beverage. The strong taste of leather staining my mouth. 

Quackity's suspicious stare had me on edge. I could sense him examining my behavior and body language. 

I cleared my throat to clear the silence that filled the room. 

"Well?" Quackity questioned, his voice honeyed. 

Quackity was a very unsettling person, unpredictable, untrustworthy, almost unlovable...

It hurt thinking of the fact Quackity may not love me. His stubbornness getting the best of him. His coldness stopping me from letting my heart out. I can't let him go, I thought to myself.

I have to confess.

I stood up. "Quackity" My voice cooing his name.

I took a few steps towards his chair. He stood up, my head tilted downwards looking into the shorter man's cold brown eyes. I lifted his chin, to see his beautiful face. His cheeks glowing a beautiful shade of pink.

"What do you want, Wilbur?" Quackity mumbled. 

"You..." I whispered. 

Silence filled the room, air thick of awkwardness and embarrassment.

"Quackity, I am in love with you." I said, louder.

"I'm sorry, Wil. You mean nothing to me." He said, his voice monotone. 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "All of the flirting, and affectionate behavior was a joke? A misunderstanding? False signals? Were you leading me on?" I asked, my heart dropping. "Maybe I was right, you are unlovable. I went out of my fucking way, confessing my feelings for someone who sees me as a toy? or even worse, nothing!" I yelled, unmasking my anger.

Quackity looked away from me. "Look at me, Quackity." I demanded. "I need answers."

"I take care of those who take care of me. Why do you think I have no one around? Put two and two together, Wil." Quackity said, his eyes full of tears and sadness. 

"Have you ever thought that I could change that? That I could be someone to care for you?" I said, "I'm here for you, Big Q. I love you, I will do anything to be around you. I'm not trying to be your enemy."

Quackity sighed. "I don't want another person to leave me." 

"I'm not that type of person, Big Q."

Suddenly I pressed my lips against his. I couldn't control myself. Love, getting the best of me. Love, showing the worst of me. Love, controlling me. Someone get me out of this nightmare! I don't want to be in love anymore! I don't like this game!

I pulled away, surprised Quackity hadn't done so before me.

I caught a glimpse of Quackity's smile, one I've never seen before, one that was better than ones seen in my daydreams. It was beautiful, almost heavenly, not fit for someone like him. Quackity was a devilish person. Wishing the worst on others, being petty, power hungry, he loved to torture others for the fun of it. His games, unfair. You have to be careful around him. He was a shark ready to attack. 

Quackity kissed me. Sucking me in, taking in every bit of me. 

He was deadly.

I couldn't get enough of him.

Quackity pulled away. "Promise you won't leave me." Quackity blurted, his voice quavering.

"I promise."

His arms wrapped around me, I never thought I could feel so loved by his touch. I missed being touched, his warmth, his affection, everything I needed. I wish this could never end. 

But sometimes, all good things come to an end...

We had work to do.