Chapter 13 - ' the letters'

"Leave the demon slayers, " he says, " They arent going to want to keep a demon around, " he walks directly beneath you forcing you to look at him, " Thats why you should join our famiy."

You scoff, 'What the hell is he even talking about'

You glare down at him, " Like hell I would, " you spit out, not wanting to talk about the subject anymore.

He humms, " Suit yourself then, " he starts to walk away, " Ill just let you hang up there until sunrise so you burn, " the little boy walks off, you being a little put off by the blunt coversation.

'Well that was weird as fuck'

You watch as he leaves your view, so you try and yank the same arm from a few seconds ago free. Yet again, the arm falls to the ground so you generate a new one. You let out a grumble and try again, the results being the same.

" Okay, this is starting to piss me off.." you try again and the same exact thing happens, " So theres not a range?" you ask yourself and think for a moment.

' A time limit maybe?' you sigh feeling the effects of regenerating five whole limbs. And so you waited, leaking blood to the ground hour after hour, the strings not releasing you from their grasp. The hours turned into days of you just waiting to fall to the ground . Days of hearing the cries of the beginner slayers getting slaughtered by the demons in the forest. Its not like you could help them even if you got free, though, since you werernt getting any direct sunlight except for on the back of your legs.

You continue to lay dead still, not risking losing anymore blood than you already have,

'How long have I even been here for..I mean, its not like it matters becuase I cant die up here' you internally sigh. You perk up though when you hear a familiar faint voie.

"NEZUKO!!" though he was pobably yelling it loudly, it only reached your ears as a faint whisper.

'Wait..If hes here then-'

"ZEN-!!!" before you can fully call out his name the webs tighen around your throat casuing your voice to catch in your throat, your mouth hanging open.

'Ah...right..theyre sensitive to movement' you close your mouth and stare at the ground beneath you, not being able to look anywhere else, ' This is all useless..why couldnt I have just burned on the first day like a normal demon would have' your expression turns grim as you purse your lips, ' If i got caught this quickly, all of them are going to die..Im not even going to be able to see kei again, or Akane..I should have at least said bye to Elijah instead of being a lazy bitch...' you bite back tears forming, your brows furroed.

"JUST LET ME DIE ALREDY DAMNIT!!!" you cry out, birds around you flying away from the noise, the threads inches away from slicing your head, not that it would kill you.

'God, i probably look like such a wimp right now '.

You remain silent for a good two hours trying to use any energy you can to try and regenerate what you can of you neck, being able to heal it all the way, though you're now drained.

Footsteps in the trees  above you heighten your senses causing you to be on high alert.

'Is there another demon? '

The steps continue before a blade appears infront of your face, cutting you loose from your restraints. You land in the arms of your savior, panicking when his unfamilar blue eyes and angular features are riddled with shock and confusion. He sets your fragile body down, limbs sliced and bruised.

You cough into your hand, the other on your newly freed neck. Looking up, you thank him, " I cant thank you enough, I though my ass was going to be suck up there forever."