The Warmth

Disclaimer -- I'm not the owner of the amazing anime / manga Akatsuki No Yona - Yona of The Dawn © . I'm merely an amateur writer who loves to make subplots for awesome stories.

Oki dokey >~< ~~> ~~> ~~> Ready for the first chapter?

Yona's P.O.V

Ouch! My ankle has been hurting lately. I think I may have twisted it ..... Perhaps when I tripped over that big stone in the dark during my training. Oh well , I can handle the pain , for now that is , we will soon arrive to a resting stop. "Princess." Said Hak with his sleek voice. "Yes?" I respond. " You have been limping since yesterday, you got hurt didn't you? " Said Hak, stating more than actually asking the question. " I-it's nothing." , I said in a wavering tone. " You know you could have told me sooner, come here. " Hak made eye contact with Shin-Ah and Kija and they both stopped and rested for a bit. " Yona, are you alright?", asked Kija looking a bit worried. " Y-yes , I'm perfectly fine. So , Hak doesn't need to check if my injury is bad since it's nothing to worry about. ", I said sternly while glancing at Hak. " Ah , I see Princess, but if you were to be fine, you wouldn't be limping. " Hak said in a serious voice. He walked slowly towards me and in a forced but soft manner, made me sit on a tree stump nearby. I knew that when Hak acted this way , I didn't have another choice but accept the fact that he was doing the right thing, so I sat down without complaint and slowly took off my shoe. Hak , with surprisingly soft touch , held my foot and looked at the ankle. He touched a certain part of the ankle and asked me if it hurt, but I said no. " Well , bad news is that your ankle is swollen but it isn't twisted nor broken. The good news is that you will now have to carried by me. " . Hak said with his signature smirk. I blink at him while processing what he just said. " Princess? Aren't you glad? ". Hak starts laughing then turns his back and crouches. " C'mon. We still have some ground to cover." I move towards him and position myself so that he'll be able to carry me. Hak makes sure I'm holding onto him tightly and stands up. " Princess, have you gained weight?". Hak glances at me and laughs. " You're so mean Hak!". I slightly flick him on the temples. Shin-Ah and Kija got up from their resting spots and walked in front of us. Kija looked sort of surprised when he passed us, I wonder why... A few minutes passed and I realized how everything looked different. I'm seeing things from Hak's point of view, wow he's really tall.

Kija's P.O.V

Why does my chest hurt? The princess says her injury isn't bad, but Hak now has to carry her. Oh c'mon stop it, I need to stop.

Hak's P.O.V •••

Princess Yona is the epitome of reckless' definition. I admire that she decided to stay strong , even though she's so fragile.... I could feel her breathing on my neck , it's hot and a bit ragged. I think she has lost weight dramatically, which worries me.
" The village is close by...". Shin-Ah says quietly. I nod at him. It's really incredible how he could be able from so far away. We have been walking for hours now and I'm still not tired.

"N-no." Yona tightens her grip on my neck. "Princes-". " Please, don't.... Soo-Won..". She then gives a little jolt as if startled.
" Princess, are you alright?". I ask her while turning my neck, trying to look at her. I could see a glint of her eyes , they sparkled with tears. " Hak... I'm sorry." She said while I felt the grip of her arms loosen. I stopped as if by reflex. "Shin-Ah, Kija, you guys go ahead. Wait for us at the entrance of the village but remain hidden." I said. " Ok, c'mon let's go Shin-Ah." Kija and Shin-Ah kept on walking and soon enough they were off in the distance. I looked at my surroundings and picked a spot to let Yona rest. I crouch to see her better and she seemed to be trembling.

Yona's P.O.V ~•~

I yet again went back to that night. I saw my father die in front of my eyes and I still couldn't do anything. I was paralyzed by fear and that's what I hated the most.
" Princess...", I looked up. Hak was crouching down to meet my gaze and I saw a glint of worry in his eyes. " Hak, I-I'm sorry, I need to be st-ron-". I got cut off by Hak's sudden embrace, his big figure engulfing my small frame. "Hak..." , I know that this embrace is a bit weird but, Hak has been here with me since I was a child. I didn't care about his status being lower than mine. We would always be friends. I slowly embrace him back, and start to calm down. I could feel his heart beat, it was fast and I too knew that so was mine. A while passed and Hak then in an unhurried way, departed from the embrace. " Princess , we need to catch up." He said while patting me on the head. I nodded and grabbed his hand, he looked startled. " Thanks Hak." I smiled and he quickly nodded and crouched down more so I would be able to get carried by him.
I mean it Hak.... Thanks for everything. Even if I can't say it to you right now because you would probably laugh at me or make some sort of sarcastic remark..... Thank you.

And that is it for the first chapter
Stay tuned, I'll try to upload chapters as soon as I can. Since you know, homework and stuff has me tied down lately ( ̄^ ̄) ~ so yeah cx toodles!