Fatal Notes

Chapter 1

"Miss, we have arrived."

The deep voice of my personal chauffeur broke through my reverie as I glanced out of the tinted car window at the familiar white building. Light glinted off the polished glass windows on every floor, and the black marble steps sparkled in the morning sun. Over the arched gateway a granite sign hung proudly, where the words Tomo's School for Gifted Individuals were displayed in gleaming gold.

Students dressed in white and blue uniforms strolled towards the buildings, most toting branded bags slung across their shoulders or clutched in their hands. Sighing mentally, I slung my own purple leather rucksack onto my back and straightened my blue and white checked skirt.

"Thank you, James." I muttered as he opened my door for me, bowing low as I stepped out of the black limousine.

A slight breeze scattered the piles of red leaves on the pavement and ruffled my straight brown hair slightly as I headed through the gateway, only pausing to smile at the grizzled old gatekeeper standing faithfully by it like he did every morning, rain or shine. His own toothless grin cheered me up somewhat as I walked into my school.

Classes were decided based on individual talents, and even then there were different levels for different degrees of talent. For example, a student gifted in singing would be placed in either class 1-2 or 2-2, depending on his level of talent. The number in front of a class is the level, and the number behind is the code number that stands for a student's talent. Number 2 is the code number for singing, so students with a talent for singing would be placed there. Level 1 is the lowest, and Level 2 is the highest for normal talents.

Then, there is Level 3. The special level for those with exceptional talents.

Level 3 is divided into 3 classes: 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3. 3-3 is the class for the supernatural, the people who can see the future and read minds. People who have 2 talents go to 3-2, and then there's 3-1. My class. The class for students with multiple talents.

Generally, in the school, the Level 3 students are greeted with respect and almost reverence. They are considered the cream of the crop, the prized students. Most of the Level 3-ers looked down upon the others and enjoyed the privileges that came with their level. However, I hated being treated differently from the rest of the school.

Sighing and shifting my bag strap slightly, I crossed the cobbled courtyard and headed up the marble steps, grimacing when a few Level 1 students bowed towards me as I passed them at the glass doors.

Level 1 students had bronze badges on their school jackets, whereas Level 2-ers had silver. Students in my level had gold badges. So we were all easy to tell apart.

Striding across the marbled entry, I eased my way through the throng of students standing around talking to each other, or sitting in the multiple plush couches surrounding small tables that were scattered around the room. The loud chatter and crush of bodies made my head ache as I made for the lifts at the end of the room.

Squeezing my way past a couple of giggling girls, I entered the special private lift for Lever 3-ers and breathed a sigh of relief as the golden doors closed and blessed silence surrounded me.

That was just one part of my daily torture. The second part would start once those polished doors opened.

*** ***

Hello(: This is my first story, so please comment, vote and (hopefully) enjoy! Thank you!