Chapter 8 - I Think I Have A Stalker

Clary's P.O.V

The last bell of the day went off.

I waited in the corner of the parking lot, on one of those short wooden fences that guard the trees, waiting for my mom to pick me up.

My five kilo bag weighed down on my shoulder, like a boulder sitting on my shoulder, so I took it off and put it down under the fence.

I took my phone out and texted my mom.

~~

To: Mom

Where r u?

~~

I waited for reply or a call but none came whatsoever.

But I didn't mind because I had too much on my mind.
But specifically.

Jace.

Time ticked past as my mum continued ignoring me.

Five minutes became ten. And ten became fifteen.

Something suddenly whooshed pasted my shoulder. I expected it to be a bird or fallen leaf or something so I just ignored it.

I heard a sound behind me.

So I turned around.

My bag was open and half my books lay splattered on the ground.

I quickly knelt to the ground and placed all my books back.

But strangely enough. One of the books I hadn't even opened yet.

Was gone.

I think it was called like "mythological beasts and supernatural beings" or something like that.

I just felt super confused.

And my mom caught me just on time because the second I looked back at the carpark a car ,with a familiar tint of dust, caught my eye.

So off I went with a missing book and an open bag, rushing towards my mom, eager to get home.

I hopped in the car, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was watching me...?

A/N Sorry really short chapter :(