Chapter 13 - Phone Calls

- Clary POV -

School went by pretty quickly and my mom sent me a text saying that there's pasta in the fridge, because she's going to another meeting and won't be home till later.

My house is only like 20 minutes away from school so I decided to just walk it because the bus sucks and there's always so many people that it hard to even get a seat.

•••

On my way home from school, I heard someone screaming. And being as stupid as I am, I ran towards the screaming and didn't call anyone or tell anyone.

I reached the area where the screaming was occuring and I saw a... Phone?

That's when someone put a bag over my head.

Great.

Oh and then they knocked me out with what an unidentifiable heavy object.

- Jace POV -

~ Dialing Clary Red Head ~

- Beep. Clary is not currently available to take your call, please feel free to leave a message after the Beep. -

"Hey Clary, We should talk, it's kinda urgent but um... Just call me when you get this. Thanks."

3 hours later

Clary Red Head is  calling...

"Hello?"

"We have the girl. If you want her back, I'll need you to get her mother to arrive with what we agreed on. Come to 26 Deralane Drive. You have 24 hours. Come quickly or who knows what'll happen to the girl."

"WAIT WHAT?!"

"Hurry now, the clock is  ticking."

Call ended

Huh? What just happened.

Whatever, I'll call Alec and Izzy... And probably Clary's mom as well. Eghh stupid hostage-taking bastards, I could easily take care of you myself but for some irrational reason, my mind isn't functioning as it normally does and I feel too anxious to bust in there myself.

Is something wrong with me?