Chapter 7

Songs for this chapter:

Life of the Party - Shawn Mendes

Two Lips (Acoustic) - Hoodie Allen

Picture of Aviana above/in the side bar!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Past:

Luke pulled away, looked my way and when he saw me I could see his eyes widening. By then I could already feel the tears burning, threatening to spill from my eyes. I gave him one last death stare and turned my heel as fast I could.

I walked past Zack, who grabbed my arm aggressively. He smelt disgusting.

"Hey babe, where do you think you're going?", his alcoholic breath fanned in my ear. I shrugged him off.

"Fuck off, you're drunk.", I hissed and pushed past him.

As I left the house, tears were already dripping from my eyes onto my cheeks.

How could he?

I really thought somebody had finally found some interest in me. I guess I was wrong. Just like always.

He was just another one of those players, why was I even sad? I should have known. He was just a fucking player!

I walked towards home as fast I could, I didn't want anyone seeing me like this. Then I heard a familiar voice shout after me.

"Natalie, please wait!", Luke shouted after me.

I just picked up speed. I couldn't face him. I couldn't be bothered with some bullshit excuse.

I heard him running after me, trying to catch up. I tried to run too, but he caught up easily.

"Natalie, I can explain.", he huffed, out of breath. I stopped.

"Shit Luke, I don't need an explanation. Thanks for showing me what guys to stay away from in the future.", I sobbed, wiping the tears away from my face. I must have looked like a complete and utter mess.

"But it's not what you think, I swear. Aviana just kissed me and yes, I kissed back because I first didn't realise what was happening. You just came in in the exact wrong moment. I pushed her away straight away. I really wish you didn't have to see that.", he said.

I crossed my arms. "Luke, you were snogging her for quite a while before you pushed her away. I know she is really pretty and all that, but if you didn't like me or if I wasn't anything special, why didn't you at least tell me that before you invited me to prom!", I shouted.

I started walking again but he pulled on my arm. "Hey, I know i'm a jerk and you're so much better than Aviana.", he said quietly, looking deep into my soul. "But most of all, you're better than any other girl I know and i'm drunk, so i'm being really honest with you. Don't ever think I don't like you because I like you a lot. You mean a lot to me and I really mean that!", he said, catching his breath.

I stared down at my feet, not knowing what to say.

I let out a big sigh, still sobbing.

"I'm so, so sorry?", he pleaded, looking into my eyes. Then he took a step closer and used his thumbs to wipe my tears away from my face.

I was still staring at my feet. "Why should I believe you?", I asked.

He tilted my head up to face his, forcing me to stare into his soothing, beautiful brown eyes.

"Because I love you.", he said before pressing his lips to mine. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

And there we were, just standing in the middle of the night on an isolated road. Him holding my sensitive face in his hands. And I knew that forgiving him was wrong. I should be slapping him in the face, walking home and never calling him again. But the temptation was there.