2

After finishing in the shower, Lexi grabs some clothes including one of Deans shirts that she had, got dressed then tried to prepare herself for the conversation she was about to have.

She plucked up her courage and entered the boy's motel room.

"Ok ask your questions?" She said quietly.

"How did you know where dad was and how'd he know you were taken by the vamps?" Sammy rushed the words out, his voice shaky betraying his confident appearance.

"I always knew where John was, he asked me to keep it a secret, so I did."

1 Year earlier in Johns room.

"Dean needs you Kitten, you're the only one that keeps him grounded."

"John this is madness, you can't do this by yourself, and you don't have to, me and Dean could help you."

"I have to do this Kitten, it's the only way to keep Sammy safe." Lexi could see true fear in Johns eyes as he spoke, killing the demon that killed Mary and wanted to possess Sammy had been all he could think about for years.

"Go to New Orleans with Dean, keep him busy, you know where to find me if you need me, only come to me if its an emergency though, promise me you'll stay with Dean no matter what."

"I don't like this John, but I promise, He'll never forgive me if he finds out the truth, you know that right?" Lexi's vice cracks slightly at the thought of Dean hating her.

"Nonsense Kitten, Dean is so in love with you, he'd forgive you for shooting him while you're still holding the gun." John laughs a little trying to lighten the mood, he can see how much this hurts her, she had already given up so much for Dean and now here he was asking her to lie to him.

Present day in the motel room

"This is a joke, right?" Dean asks laughing nervously

"I never thought you of all people would lie to us, Lex." Sam says quietly the hurt obvious in his voice.

"Please let me finish, you can hate me all you want afterwards."

3 nights ago

"What are you doing here Kitten, I thought we agreed, emergency only." John spoke softly he could see she was upset.

"I know john, but this is important" Lexi's voice is hoarse from crying but she continues regardless "There's a pack of vampires hold up in the old barn just outside of town, John they have the colt." John's head snaps up at the mention of the gun.

"Then you know what has to be done, now you want to tell me why you've been crying?"

"I can't do this anymore John, watching him with all these random women he picks up, lying to him, to them both, its time I moved on." Lexi didn't bother to stop or hide the tears that were now falling down her cheeks "I'll finish this, get you the colt but then I'm walking away."

"Fair enough, it'll kill him to see you go but I understand, you've done so much for us, lost so much for us, for him, its time you put yourself first. You need to make sure the vamps follow you; I'll stay close to make sure you don't get hurt." John hid it well but the guilt of what he was asking Lexi to do was almost too much for him to bear.

"I'll leave my necklace outside the parking lot, that way you'll have proof that something is wrong, Dean knows how important this is to me." She fingers the necklace fondly before turning to leave.

Present day back in the room

Lexi looks at Dean, his perfect jaw clenched, unshed tears brimming in his eyes and her heart breaks, she knows she's lost him, but she knew his feelings would change, she buried her heartache yet again and spoke.