Chapter 7: Rose's Past

The main door wide open, as Rose enter, follows by Akira who shut the door behind them. Rose who've been quiet the whole time don't even look at his face. Did he do wrong? Akira grab her arm and she stop moving.
     "Let go." she said, tears can be seen forming in her eyes and she holding it. Akira turn her around to facing him, and she doesn't go against it, as a tear rolling down her cheek. Akira wipe it with his thumb, and the other hand caressing her blonde hair. She pulls herself closer and cry even more, making Akira nervous and he started to comfort her. He broke a pieces of the chocolate bar and feed her. She chew it slowly and looking at the watch, it's 9.54 pm now. She push Akira on the back into the bathroom, forcing him to have the shower first. Akira smiles and agreed, and told her to bring him a clean clothes and a bath towel, she agrees.
      Rose, wait for him in the bedroom, as he took his shower. 15 minutes past he coming out of the bathroom, wearing only a shirt and a short. He look for Rose and found her at the balcony, hanging their clothes for drying. Since it almost summer, the night air feels a little warmer. She turn around, spooked by Akira.
    "Your turn." Akira bring her bath towel and she headed to the bathroom. Akira close the balcony door, and to the bedroom, waiting for her. As usual, again with the problem with the electricity, the power off as the whole neighborhood turn dark. She who still in the shower scream as loud as she can.
    Akira who remember she afraid of the dark quickly bring her a flashlight, as he step into the bathroom, he couldn't see her because it's too dark. The flashlight he brought, he stands it on the sink, pointing to the ceiling. She who is still afraid ask him don't leave, to accompany her in the shower. Akira agreed and silently look the other side as there a shower curtains cover her from being seen.

       After 10 minutes, she step out of the shower, covered her body with the bath towel. She grab Akira's arm and they walk out together the bathroom to the bedroom. As they enter the room, the electricity is back, Rose look up to Akira, and he's smiling. Slap!
      "Pervert!" She push her out the bedroom and slams the door. She sat down on her bed, burying her face in her hand, what an embarrassment! She even blushes as she recalls Akira in the bathroom with her. Akira stood outside the bedroom, not knowing his fault. He was smiling because Rose trusted him to accompany her in the bathroom. His cheek stinging after the slap. He headed to the living room sitting around, thinking of her.

     Rose who is in pyjamas poke her head into the living room, seeing Akira who is unnoticed of her. She sat down next to him, startled him. She then slide open her phone and shows him a photos, of her and a guy. From the look of it, she was around 14 years old in the photos. But who is he?
       "I used to love him, and he is my first crush too" she express as her ocean eyes shows. Akira stays quiet, as she begin to tell him a story she never shared with anyone. It was autumn 2009, she is a 14 years old girl, at an age where girls mostly hit their puberty and started to have feelings on boys. Rose who is famous for her fairness, beautiful long blonde hair and the tallest girl in the class, getting attention the most.

     Everyday handfuls of love letter, she rejects them all, as her eyes hooked on one boy, Duncan a transfer student from Netherlands

     Everyday handfuls of love letter, she rejects them all, as her eyes hooked on one boy, Duncan a transfer student from Netherlands. He is quite a mystery himself and she too shy to talk to him. Until one day, she finally had the courage to ask him out, to their first date, at a fun fair. He agreed to meet, and she is so happy that she doesn't know one of those who send her love letter everyday are now malicious towards her. She goes to school as usual with the letter finally stops but rumors spread saying she's a bitch. She act tough, pretend didn't care about it, but her heart can't.

      That did not break her spirit to meet him, her crush, as they promise, she walks to it, to the fair, alone imagining moments that never happens to come true. But she was followed, by Aaron, the malicious one whose his letter got rejected. He now wanted revenge, and followed her until the roads are quiet, far from people, in the middle of somewhere. He hit her unconscious, dragged her into the woods. Driven by lust, all he thinks are doing her dirty. He quickly strip her off, and unbuckle his jeans. As he about to, Duncan come to the rescue. He who is the tallest student towering Aaron; who is small and fragile, as he runaway with all his might, he shouted saying sorry. Duncan calls for help, both ambulance and police, as he does know that he stopped Aaron from almost touching her.

      She wakes up, and in an unfamiliar place but she knew she's in a hospital. A nurse came in calling the doctor as they questioning her, which she can't answer. All she knew he hit her head to unconsciousness, not knowing he try to rape her. Police came in and ask her questions too, as they told her about Duncan heroic act, saving her from being a victim of rapist. Aaron got caught, with the witnesses and testimony, he doesn't have alibi. She came to the school next day looking for Duncan, but only being avoided by him. Her heart broken, so bad. That she meet Jeremy who trying to mend her, but all he got are rejections, and she choose to move away after high school, somewhere far.

   A beep coming from Barrier interrupting her, a message from Royce, he asking about them both. Replied with few touches on the screen. Then she walk to the bedroom with a smile on her face. She have a crush, on Akira, who is being left alone at the living room. As she continue to chat with Royce on 'Barrier', She didn't tell Royce about it, but she shared about Akira on first day of working. Royce notices that how excited Rose about Akira from the way she chat. Meanwhile, Akira who is wondering does Rose like him too? She's seem to be mad a lot rather than act all cute like the character she read from wattpad. He worried that she would left him.

    It's Saturday morning, the alarm ringing, got snoozed. Rose slide open her phone, just to browse the working timetable, they both working afternoon shift today, She smile and walk to the kitchen and caught Akira preparing pancakes for breakfast. It taste good and Akira saying sorry, she smile and hug Akira for the first time, and he can feel his heart beating faster. The warmth from the hug slowly melt the ice cold heart of Rose, and she promise to be more honest on her feelings.
   "I think I like you." she smile even more and continues hugging him. He stood froze there, can't believes what he heard.

      It's 1 pm, we're early as usual, but this time it's one hour earlier. As we about to enter the cafe, a guy storm out the cafe pushing the door hard and hit Rose to fall on the ground.
    "Watch it!" Rose yell as Akira help to lift her up. The guy turn to help but stunned, his eyes couldn't believe it. 
    "Rose?" The familiar voice cracks out of the guy, and Rose shocked too, it's him, Duncan.