EIGHTEEN

Liz and Haley are hanging out on the porch at the betrothed couple's place while the guys are in the living room brain storming new tunes for Morgan's new album. The girls are trying to focus on wedding planning but they both don't have the attention span for something so boring.

"What y'all girls up to?" Michael asks as he and Morgan joins them with drinks for their girlfriends. Morgan and Michael sit on the matching chairs on either end of the wicker couch the girls are on.

"Adultin'." Liz sighs, setting her laptop on the small table in front of her before criss- crossing her legs. "We should just go to the courthouse and get married."

"No weddin'?" Michael asks, his elbows on his knees.

Liz shrugs. "We get married then we can just have a party or somethin'. I just don't want all that fuss of a ceremony and then feeding like three hundred people, y'know?"

"Sure." He nods back. "That's not a bad idea."

She smiles at him and a blush colors his cheeks. Haley grins at the sight. "Y'all're so cute!" She gushes, scrunching her face up as she looks between her best friend and her man's best friend.

"Y'all wanna help us plan this?" Liz asks.

"Us?" Morgan asks.

"Don't sound so surprised." Liz says, stretching her legs out. "But yeah, you. You two know us pretty damn well and we're all pretty close. I'd love it if y'all helped us out."

"Oh, absolutely." Haley nods, giving Liz's hand a squeeze. "It's gonna be so much fun."

The foursome spend the rest of their evening, well into the night, laughing and talking, learning so much more about each other.

"Hold on- Hold the fuck on!" Haley says, dropping her hands on her knees as she sends a sharp look to Morgan. "You got arrested!?"

"Yeah..."

"It was my total bad, Haley." Liz says. "I took him bar hopin' and we got a little reckless. It was really no big deal."

Haley glances over at Liz and at first she believes her. It's not until Morgan breathes a sigh of relief that her suspicions grow. "What happened?"

Morgan takes a deep breath in. "Okay." Michael leans back in his wicker chair, totally engrossed and amused with the story Morgan is about to share with his friend group. "We went downtown and got drunk and started to y'know, get into trouble."

Liz chuckles. "He kept sayin' we're the same person."

"You are." Michael mutters, running his thumb over the embossed design on his beer bottle. He looks up and is met with all three looking back at him. "Seriously, it's kinda freaky."

"Whatever." Liz says with a smile.

"Anyways we ended up at the river and swam."

"Wait. The Cumberland River? How'd you get down there?"

"Some old old access behind a church. We busted our asses gettin' down there." Liz laughs.

"Y'all we're trespassin'?"

"Shit happens." Liz shrugs. "It was nice to be  free spirited again. I'm not some stupid teenager that gets let off the hook anymore. If I get in trouble now, I'd have to do some hard time."

"Yeah, except I think we got let off the hook 'cause that cop was into you."

"Pfft." She shakes her head. "Nah. I think they realized that they arrested us on some stupid charge and they were wasting their time."