01

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━in which a morning walk is in action━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
in which a morning walk is in action
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
.
.
.

it's been about a day since you and todoroki confessed to each other, thus bringing forth the beginning of your relationship with him.

the exchange was nonchalant to say the least, almost painfully so. it was obvious neither of you had much of an idea of what to do when it came to dating, but both of you were willing to give it a try.

"wait wait wait, so he didn't even ask you to be his girlfriend?" mina ashido, a kind, brightly colored girl who had attached herself to you sometime in middle school asked as the two of you got ready for another day at ua high.

"not formally, but we both mutually agreed that we're together together now." you replied, finishing up your morning routine.

"he's the one who confessed to you first, right?" ashido questioned, you responding with a short nod. "no offense y/n, but do either of have any idea what you're doing when it comes to relationships?"

"you ask that like you do, mina." you chuckled, rolling your eyes at your warm toned friend. "me blindly going into dating is more than you can say miss 'i've never had a crush on anyone'."

ashido sighed, leaning forward on the bathroom counter dramatically. "it's sad, but true. i suppose i'll just have to live my romantic fantasies through you then."

"don't."

the two of you left the dorm's bathroom and headed towards the elevator to grab some breakfast and get going to school. by the looks of it, you were already running a little later then you preferred.

after a short breakfast and exchange between other classmates who had also gotten caught up this morning, you and ashido started the walk to ua.

"l/n." a stoic voice asked from behind you two, causing you both to stop.

"oh, good morning todoroki." you said to the heterochromatic boy as he walked towards you and ashido.

"good morning. to you as well ashido." todoroki replied, giving a subtle nod in each of your directions.

"yes yes good morning todoroki!" ashido greeted with a bright smile, as always. "come to walk with your girlfriend to class i assume?"

you stiffened up the slightest bit. you figured ashido would likely say some embarrassing things or try and push you and your new boyfriend's relationship farther than either of you were ready for, and you had accepted that. but still, hearing "your girlfriend" in reference to you was still something new you'd have to get used to.

"yes, that's the plan," todoroki said, taking a short glance at you. "if it's alright with you of course, l/n."

"sure, i don't mind. mina?"

"oh! actually i think i hear kaminari calling for me, so i'm gonna try and catch up with him." ashido laughed with a smile that just smelled of a scheme.

"kaminari? but he's not even here?" you asked, looking around for the electric blonde knowing good and well what your friend was trying to pull.

"well you see we're so close we sort of developed this esp type thing," ashido said, slowly backing away from the couple. "i'll see you both in class okay? okay!" quickly turning on her heel, ashido made a break for it and started sprinting towards the school, leaving you and todoroki alone in her wake.

"that was...odd," todoroki mumbled with a quizzical look on his face. "is ashido always like that?" he said as he started walking

covering your face from the slight embarrassment of your friend, you nodded with a loud sigh. "yep, since i met her. you get used to it though." todoroki nodded in acknowledgment, turning his head back to the path ahead.

there was a strange tensity between the two of you. it wasn't enough to make either of you uncomfortable, but saying it wasn't at least a little bit awkward would have been a lie.

"so," you started, taking a leap of faith to break the silence. "what do you think we'll be doing in class today?"

todoroki looked up to sky, humming as he thought up his response. "i'm not sure. aizawa hasn't mentioned anything to keep an eye out for lately, so it sounds like a causal day."

"nice! the last thing i need right now is some crazy quiz." you sighed out in relief, making the two toned boy next to you smile slightly.

after a few more minutes of walking, you and todoroki made it to the gates with just enough time to get to class before the bell rings.

as always you were greeted by your classmates before eventually taking your seat, which just so happened to be right in front of todoroki's.

soon after, your homeroom teacher aizawa came in to begin today's lessons.

...

"so when are you taking y/n on a date todoroki?" uraraka asked as she sat at her usual lunch table with midoriya, iida, asui, and of course, todoroki himself.

"date?" the boy asked, tilting his head to the side, catching a glimpse of your [h/c] hair from across the cafeteria.

"uh, yeah? you two are boyfriend and girlfriend now so you're gonna have to take her out eventually." the brunette laughed at the boy's obliviousness towards the subject.

"oh. well where should i take her?" todoroki asked, looking to his lunch table of friends for help.

"you should take her somewhere that'll peek her interest. what kind of stuff does l/n like?" midoriya asked.

todoroki thought for a moment, eyes wandering to the back of your head as you laughed with sero and kirishima at your table. he knew quite a bit about you, more than one would think with how quiet he was. not in the "i'm a creepy stalker" way but more in the "i'm a clueless boy with a crush that notices things" way.

"she likes video games." he finally answered, remembering the time when yaoyorozu had bought you a new game for your birthday, and the face of pure joy you made when you received it.

"then there you go! take her to an arcade!" midoriya cheered. "now all you gotta do is ask her."

"alright then." todoroki stood up from his seat and started making his way towards you, ignoring his friends telling him to come back and wait for a more appropriate time. he figured it didn't really matter when he asked as long as he did it, right?

"l/n," he called, making you stop your conversation with your friends, all of whom were now staring at him.

"yes todoroki?" you replied, [e/c] eyes locked into his mismatched ones.

"go on a date with me this weekend."

.
.
.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
and todoroki embarrasses y/n in public
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━