03

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━in which cold noodles satisfy━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
in which cold noodles satisfy
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
.
.
.

today marks two weeks since you and todoroki started dating, and things were going well. to you two, anyway.

word that todoroki x y/n being official spread through class pretty quickly. and since you two were the first and only couple in class, naturally lots of people were invested in your relationship.

they were not satisfied with what they saw.

it's as if your relationship didn't even change! sure you two seemed closer, but not dating close. more like friends to best friends close.

"you two barely seem like a couple," kaminari said, taking one of the sliced strawberries you were currently eating.

"who says we need to be all lovey dovey in public to "seem like a couple"?" you asked, making quotations with your fingers.

"y/n's right you guys," jirou joined in, also taking one of the strawberries. at this rate, you figured you wouldn't have any left in the next few minutes. "her and todorki's relationship is none of our business. let's just leave them be."

"thank you jirou, at least one of you has some idea of privacy." you sighed, ready to take a strawberry for yourself only to realize the container was now gone. "what the-?"

"you two idiots are painfully hard to watch." bakugo grunted, eating the snack you had prepared for yourself. "its really fucking funny though. it'll be even funnier when he dumps your ass because of how boring you are."

"oh ha ha sure," you rolled your eyes, attempting to get your food back and failing miserably. huffing out a sigh, you turned towards todoroki who was currently talking to midoriya across the room. 'i'm not boring...right?' you thought to yourself, bakugo's words starting to eat away at you.

you started to realize that everyone was sort of right. even though it's only been a week, you and todoroki's relationship had barely changed. the date had pushed things along a little more, but not by much. neither of you were very confrontational, so was there any hope if one of you didn't make a move?

"fine," you mumbled to yourself, hopping up from kaminari's desk. "i'll do it myself."

y/n pov
i walked up behind todoroki who was still talking to midoriya. i debated whether or not to wait to grab his attention, but figured since midoriya was a bit of a rambler that could mean quite a while, and just went for it when he stopped.

"hey roki." i said, gently tapping his shoulder. i was a little embarrassed using the nickname in front of midoriya incase todoroki didn't like it, but from the soft smile that spread on his face when he turned to face me, i think i'm in the clear.

"hi," he replied, turning completely to face me now. not sure if i saw right but i swear midoriya made a super weird face before scooting away towards iida's desk. "what's up?"

"i was w-wondering if you wanted to have lunch outside today?" i asked, mentally slapping myself repeatedly for stuttering. go me i guess.

todoroki's eyes widened slightly as he hummed. "just the two of us?" i nodded my head, hoping he would be okay with it. the smile on his face spread a little wider, before he continued. "sure, i'd like that. i have something for you actually so i'll give it to you then."

a gift? another one??? but i didn't have anything to give him! "oh! okay then, uh, i guess i'll meet you outside then?" i stated, picking at my finger nails.

"mhm, see you there." with a nod and a smile, i turned back around towards my friends who were all looking at me as if they were ready to burst out laughing.

"not a word."

...

after a couple more lessons lunch time had finally arrived. as i was putting my books in my bag i felt a chilly presence to my right, knowing exactly who it was.

"did you know the air gets slightly cooler on your right side, todoroki?" i asked, standing up beside him.

he titled his head to the side, slightly raising up one eyebrow in a cute way. "does it?"

"mhm! it feels nice." luckily both of us had packed a lunch from home for today, so instead of having to wait in line in the cafeteria, we went straight out to the courtyard.

for early autumn, the weather was surprisingly nice. warm enough that you wouldn't freeze from being out there, but cool enough that sitting in the sun would be fine.

todoroki and i stopped at a picnic table in the shade where there weren't any people. looks like we weren't the only ones who had decided to eat outside today, but it was no problem.

"what did you bring today todoroki?" i asked, taking a seat at the table as he sat across from me.

"cold soba," he said plainly, starting to open his lunch. "you?"

"last nights leftovers," i responded, staring down at the udon noodles. "i was supposed to have some strawberries to go with it but bakugo saw to it that i did not." thinking back to just a few hours prior at the thievery of my fruit.

"he took your food?" todoroki said, eye brows furrowing up at me.

"yeah but it's no big deal, really. it's not like a put up much of a fight on my part." todoroki looked a little skeptical, probably thinking bakugo was bullying me or something (which he's not, i swear) before nodding and opening a small container beside his lunch.

"as promised, i have something for you." he said, taking out what looked like an ordinary onigiri. however, when he handed it to me i realized that was actually in the shape of a cat, with little eyes and whiskers made out of seaweed.

"aww!" i cooed, holding onto the little rice kitten very gently. "this is adorable! did you make this?"

with a slightly pink face, the boy nodded his head, leaning into his hand that was propped on the table. "i made a bunch of them with my sister for her class yesterday, and that was the best looking one so...i wanted to give it to you." he finished, turning his face away and covering it with his hand.

a smile grew on my face, looking down at the gift. i started to wonder if maybe giving gifts was todoroki's love language.

"i love it, thanks for thinking of me roki." i said, gently turning his face back to mine. "i wish i had something to give you too, i feel kind bad."

todoroki was quiet, taking a quick glance at the food in front of us before looking back up. "you could give me a bite of your udon."

i laughed a little at his request, picking up my chopsticks to get a bite for him. "here, it's a little cold but-" as i was getting ready to put the food on todoroki's tray, he grabbed my hand that held the chopsticks and ate right from it.

"don't worry, i like it cold." he said as he chewed and swallowed the udon. "it tasted very good, thank you l/n."

"i- uh-," i stammered, still trying to recollect my thoughts. did that really just happen? like in reality? i thought things that cliche on happened in highschool romance novels. well, i suppose this is a highschool romance.

"i'm glad you liked it!"

.
.
.
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━
and rice kittens please
━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━