u

weird. but surprisingly, familiar at the same time. 

i hate how many thoughts i had in my mind with those last two words spoken to me. it was something that i refuse to remember, convincing myself that it was now buried somewhere in the past. 

but now it's all coming back again. haunting me in a way that it used to back then. only this time, there would be no resort to separate the both of us. there would be no sand to run at. 

and no sandcastle to have our own competition. 

i buried and left it all in the past. it was nothing but a cliché meeting after all. plus how could you like someone you just met for a few days? that's ridiculous. only those who are sick to rush love would feel that. 

was i just the same?

i shrugged the thoughts off and got out of the cafe. the cold pavement of the road and slow suspenseful drop of the water failed to occupy my busy mind. i had to drop by the convenience store just to get myself a vanilla ice cream. 

i had to at least cool down, despite the cold weather tonight. it was the last thing i know that'll calm me down. as soon as i got out of the store, a figure suddenly interfered on my way as i almost fell and hit the glass door. 

the familiar man brushed his hands as an attempt to get the dust off. i figured that he threw something in the trash bin that was just around the corner of the store. he suddenly stopped his actions as he finally noticed my furious presence. 

i thought he at least had some common courtesy in him and expected an apology. but a sarcastic and mocking grin was all that i got from him. 

jerk. 

"oops, didn't see you there." his smile inched closer to a teasing smirk that made my blood boil. 

i huffed and decided it was a waste of time to argue. but i could get revenge with my actions instead. i managed to get a few steps closer to him before the cold unfinished ice cream landed on his navy blue jacket. 

his eyes grew wide in disbelief, but i couldn't be bothered as i skipped away with a satisfied grin. 

"oops, didn't see you there either." 

i recognize that glare and frowning face immediately. now what are the odds of meeting someone from your past again? 

"seaweed freak." 

it's been 6 years, tooru. 

"trashcan prick."