Yeolilgop

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

"Myoui, I'll go straight to the point. Why are you doing this?" She flinched by the sudden question.

"What do you mean, Chaeyoung?" Myoui Mina retorted.

"Do I need to state the obvious Myoui?" I snapped.

"Uhmm, so you already knew?" She murmured, trying to hide her eyes from me.

"Of course, it's crystal clear that you are gonna use me for some sort of entertainment or uhmm I don't know, maybe make fun of me," I exclaimed, using a louder voice than my normal.

"No, no — Chaeyoung, it's not like that; this is a misunderstanding. I — I can explain — but uhmm, can we first finish our dinner — uhmm before we converse about this?" Myoui Mina pleaded.

"Sure," I replied abruptly.

I grasped my phone and pretended to enjoy the memes I already saw a hundred times on my gallery. The air inside this room is heavy, and I don't know how long I can last with Myoui Mina's stares. So I'm grateful to the waiter that brought our food, he didn't just break the tension, but he also saves me from starving.

He lands my plate first before serving Myoui Mina's food. I scan mine and noticed that something is missing.

"Uhmm, where's the rice?" I blurted that earned an unexpected chuckle from the waiter.

"Ma'am, there's no rice inclu—"

"Give her a bowl of rice, now." Myoui Mina cut him.

"Yes, ma'am, I'll be back in a second." He uttered before leaving our table.

The waiter comes back with a hot bowl of rice. It's a cue for Myoui Mina and I to proceed digging our food. The first bite of the steak got me speechless; oh God, this is the softest and tastiest beef I ever tasted. It — literally melts in my mouth like butter. Oh my, I can eat a whole cow of this meat. I'm really enjoying my food to the point that I'm not aware of the excess noise coming from me.

"Do — you like it?" Myoui Mina asked almost hesitantly.

"No, I love this," I replied to her, but I realized what I have said. 'Fuck'

"I mean, it's delicious, yeah — it's good," I mumbled while slowly chewing the cut of steak.

"The place where I grew up is well known as one of the largest manufacturers of Wagyu beef." Okay, I don't know how to keep up a conversation with her.

"So this meat comes from Japan?" I asked a non-sense question.

"Yes," And yeah, Myoui Mina still replied.

"That's —great," I uttered with a neutral tone.

Then we fell into uncomfortable silence; everything about Myoui Mina screams 'uncomfortable' to me. Even if I really want to savor every bite of the steak, half of me wants to end this dinner simultaneously.

"Uhmm, I think you should start explaining, Myoui," I exclaimed when I saw her playing with her food while holding the stem of glass wine.

"Wait, Chaeyoung." She uttered before finishing her wine on the Bordeaux glass.

I watched her from releasing the glass, but she starts to pour the red wine again.