Hana

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

According to Ji Eun Tak, the girl with a red scarf around her neck, wait, if you think of Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on titan, please Rest in Peace. Of course, I'm referring to the lead star in my favorite K-Drama Goblin. Where am I again? Oh yes, according to her, Humans have four lives; a life of planting seeds, a life of watering the seeds, a life of harvesting, and a life of cherishing harvests. That's why I'm wondering right now if what stage of farming I'm currently at the moment. While tracing the stars resting in my ceiling that my mom bought when I was eight years old. Because I throw tantrums when we are at a convenience store to purchase strawberry milk but end up with glow-in-the-dark stars, yeah, it's the first time I choose something over strawberry milk. By the way, where am I again? Why does my brain constantly replaying throwbacks? Am I dying? Is this the last seven minutes of my life? Oh my, how did I die? Maybe someone put a pillow on my face to prevent me from breathing, or someone put toxin in my coffee last night or perhaps someo--

"SON CHAEYOUNGGGGGG! IT'S ALREADY 7:00 AM, BUT YOU'RE STILL STICKING YOUR ASS ON THAT BED!" That's the voice that brought back my soul to my body. It's none other than Son Chhaera; yeah, you read it right, the spelling is double H. Since my grandfather got nervous when he's writing at my mom's birth certificate. I remember him saying that instead of receiving a kiss, he got a slap from grandma twice on both cheeks. I'm still not done reminiscing my grandfather's stories until I heard a loud banging on my door. It's like a police officer asking to open the door while holding a warrant of arrest.

"Son Chaeyoung, do you have any plans of removing your ass out of your bed?! Do you think you are the daughter that owns the University? Your audacity to be late on the first day of this semester is getting on my nerves. Blah blah blah blah blah blah." Seriously it's only Blah blah blah blah blah blah I last heard from mom because it just sinks on my brain that today is the first day of the semester, and it's already 6:48 AM. What 6:48 AM?! Shit, gates will be closed at precisely 7:15 AM, and all students who failed to get inside the campus before 7:15 AM will clean invisible trash. Seriously is there any trash during the first day? I hope they will let us slip this time. There is always room for improvement, you know. Student Council should know that.

"SON CHAEYOUNG, YOU ARE THE DAUGHTER OF YOUR STUBBORN FATHER!!!" Oh, em to the gee. My mom's furious now; she even uses my Father in our conversation.

"Mom, please give me 5 minutes, and I'll go down in the kitchen." Aishhh, I need to shower quick.

"Make sure you'll be in the kitchen in 5 minutes, or you'll walk from here until you reach your University." After her speech, I heard loud footsteps marching down. I should accomplish everything within 5 minutes, or mom will return me back to her womb.

___________________________________

"What is your reason this time, Chaeyoung? You are up until dawn for an unknown reason." My mom scoffed while focusing on the road. We are now on our way to my campus.

"I have a feeling, Mom, that Noona is watching porn again." Retorted by my brother, who looks like half a bamboo and half a starfish seated in the backseat.

"Jeonghoon, you know I'm not like you. And as far as I remember, two days ago, I heard someone moaning inside your room. Did you forget that our walls are not soundproof?" I asked him while wiggling my eyebrows. He looks hilarious right now; his narrow eyes are now wide open.

"Mom.. mo.. le-t...me....uhmm.. ex-pl..plain." His broad voice suddenly turns into an almost inaudible sound. I can't stop laughing right now. Jeonghoon is now looking at me, and he seems like he wanted to rip my throat. He's near opening his mouth when I heard mom beat him to it; well, not today, dear brother.