Yeolhana

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

For few weeks, I've been trying to avert my attention to anything, as in anything under the sun, so I'll not constantly think about what happened to me and, yeah — Somi. It started from renovating my mom's mini garden, helping my brother assemble bicycle parts, being an active listener of Dahyun's anime remake stories, tester of Tzuyu's new console, assistant of Nayeon unnie when she's going to the mall. But my favorite part is working as a helper at Hyung's restaurant. Well, it's not full-time work since my only vacant days are weekends; I'm still trying to finish college okay. So Hyung and I have a deal that I'll be a part-timer. It's a pleasant experience even if it's not connected to my desired profession besides it's also a good distract —

"Dude, congrats, hahaha, you're the lucky winner." Ryujin's voice brings me back to the reality that I'm still inside the auditorium.

"Huh?" My forehead creased; of course, I don't know what she's saying.

"Ms. Son, as you can see in front, your name was chosen. Do you know what does it mean?" Mr. Park, our professor in research, asked me, and it seems like he has been explaining for the whole time while I'm in my perfect world.

"Of course, you didn't know Ms. Son because you've been looking to that bottle in front of you for the whole period." I avoid looking at him; then I noticed the whole room stops their chitchats and focused their attention on me. Fuck all Fine arts students are now looking at me.

"I'll explain again, Ms. Son, so for the last time, listen, okay?" I nod almost hesitantly to him because I really wanted my chair to eat me alive.

"There will be a conference conducted by the Higher Education of Seoul and our University is lucky to be invited as one of the participants. Jewaypi University will be sending one representative from all the departments." The presentation on the screen stops, and he walks near some weird machine on stage.

"Architecture and Interior design deans give way to Fine arts to chose the representative of our department from our program. Dean Psy wants to be fair, so he decided to give a chance to everyone. That's the purpose of this raffle machine here on stage; all Fine arts students' names were all here. And guess who's the lucky conqueror?" He's now looking straight to my soul. And it's like he's trying to burn it.

"Ms. Son, you'll be representing our department for the conference this coming Sunday. You'll be excused from your classes since it will be two days conference. Other information will be explained by the head professor that will assist all the representatives. Did I make myself clear, Ms. Son?" I froze to my seat; I don't know if I should walk out of the auditorium or do some jumping jacks to help my brain process everything.

___________________________________

All the departments are sending their top guns for the conference while the College of Arts lets a raffle machine decide?! What game are they playing? I can't still believe that I'm representing our department; I'm still in the process of absorbing their decisions. I hope that they'll not expect a miracle from an average student like me. I don't even have a single note in any of my subjects for the last three years! I can't even remember if I have a notebook inside my bag! But I have no choice; I can't oppose the Fine arts faculty members because they might hold my diploma. And it's a no-no for me.

So even if this is against my will, I can't back out — so presently, I'm dragging my luggage inside the five-star hotel lobby that we will be staying for two days. Well, it's not bad at all since they shoulder all the expenses. From transportation and food allowance, hotel room, and even pocket money. Because I'll never agree to spend a penny for something that I was just forced!