Author's Notes and Music

This is the first part of a completed trilogy inspired by the show Love, Victor on Hulu

This is the first part of a completed trilogy inspired by the show Love, Victor on Hulu. It's an AU set in the fictional town of Brandon, Texas and while the show is amazing and you should definitely watch it, you don't have to watch it in order to read this story. It was written before the release of season 2 so it only contains spoilers for the first season. I refer to this fic and all of its related stories as the "Brandonverse". The complete series is also available on AO3 (with less media). Click on "external link" below to read the AO3 version.

Not gonna lie, this fic is LONG. But if you're into slow burns with lots of drama and romance, then this is the story for you ❤️

There is a decent amount of untranslated Spanish in this fic, but it is pretty much all small talk and pet names. Anything that's important to the plot will be translated for you.

PLEASE DO NOT reproduce any part of this story without my express permission. If you want to create something inspired by the Brandonverse, such as your own fic, fanart, etc, please contact me about it first - but I would love to hear about it and may add any related content such as fanart to the story!

The Love, Victor and Love, Simon stories and characters are the property of their creators. I've taken some dialogue directly from the show and the movie, the credit for which goes to the writers. The rest is my own creation.

Content warning for the trilogy: 

The following are described more graphically: homophobia, internalized homophobia, anxiety, panic attacks, bullying, sexual content (does not go past a PG-13/Teen rating)

Not so graphic/only briefly mentioned: past alcoholism, infidelity (not the primary couple), violence, racism, sexism

Soundtrack:

Music was a huge part of the inspiration for this story, so there's a soundtrack available on Youtube which you can find a link to below, and I'll be adding a Spotify playlist soon. Almost all of the artists are either queer or Latinx in order to reflect the culture of the story

 Almost all of the artists are either queer or Latinx in order to reflect the culture of the story

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHP6IdHiqyUVmbBvB45cNdCEenUgMpbB-