Chapter 1

Thirteen years of mentoring with Reed passes. We have brought one Tribute back home, his name is Buck. Now I'm twenty- eight, and live in this mansion alone. My family is surprisingly still alive. May got married last spring, she could've got any boy in the district she wanted. The twins, Anders and Bale, are still living at home, but aren't eligible for the Reaping anymore. Rosie is nineteen, but she now wants to be called Rose, which is tough for me. Drew's name is in the glass ball for the third time this year. His calmness continues to grow into shyness, painfully reminding me of Ashton. I still think if Ashton, my district partner, teammate, and friend. The freaky green eyes belonging to the brutal girl from district two still haunt me, less frequently though. Nothing has happened really since I agreed to be "Allies" with the president, Coriolanus Snow, but his snake eyes visit me in my nightmares often. The picture of Maple, Barker, Corala, Ashton, and I hasn't moved off my shelf. I stare at the picture and cry every day. I don't plan on having any children, and there's no boys I have seen that catch my eye. Star is terribly ill, she has been for a while now. I visit her everyday, and all we do is talk. I wish I was fourteen again. I wish Star was healthy, I wish the nightmares would go away, I wish I had died in the games.