Chapter Seven

CW: torture, manipulation, panic

————————————————————————

~2-B POV~

"Do we really have to keep doing this? I hate it, it makes my head hurt." I tell him as he opens the door.

"I didn't ask for your opinion." He responds.

"Why are you even doing it, I don't-"

FWOOOSHHH

I gasp as I see my brother strapped in the chair with the laser activated.

"Brother?! Hold on! I'll save you!" I yell as I run to him. "I'll... What...?" He's gone. As in, he disappeared. "Brother? Where'd you..."

"You saw something, didn't you?" He says.

I gasp and turn around, my eyes wide.

"N-No! No! I didn't- I didn't see anything!" I say, backing up as he gets closer, trembling.

"I knew it. You saw 1-T, didn't you?"

"N-... No, I didn't... I didn't see anything!" I say, still backing up.

"He's scheduled for tomorrow, but you saw him now, didn't you? You saw him just now, in the chair."

He finally backs me into a wall. I stand there, shaking. "I... I didn't..."

"How long have you been seeing these things?"

"I-I haven't- I haven't seen anything!"

"You're a bad liar. Which makes me wonder... What would give you the idea to lie to me about this...?" He then puts his hand on his chin, thinking.

My eyes grow wider. "No, no no-" I say, grabbing his sleeve.

"It was 1-T, wasn't it? He told you to keep this from me." He says, pointing.

"N-No, it- it was- it was my idea, don't- don't be mad at him, please-" I plead.

"Well, it doesn't matter." He puts his hand back on his chin. "I'll find a way to get the information I want, whether you two tell the truth or not. But for now..." I cower in his shadow, shaking even more. "... If you don't want 1-T to get in trouble... You will tell me everything."

————————————————————————

"Bro, you ok? How's your head?" My brother says as I walk in, bandage on my left eye.

"Uh, it's... Fine..." I say, fidgeting with my hands.

"C'mere, let me heal it. It hurts, right?" He says, motioning me to come over to him.

"Uhm... Yeah... Ok." I look behind me nervously. I then walk over to him and sit in front of him. He begins to heal me.

"... You ok? You seem kinda off."

"Uh... If I... If I tell you something, will you promise not to get mad?" I slightly look back at him. He stops healing me.

He lightly slaps his face with his hand. "... Aw geez."

"You said you wouldn't get mad!" I say, turning around.

"I didn't actually, but what happened?"

"HetookmetothelaserroomandIsawyouinthechairandItriedtosaveyoubutyouwerentreallythereandhesawmeseeyouandfiguredoutwhatwasgoingonandthenhesaid-" (a.n. I'll put what he said at the end)

"C'mon. Breathe." He says, stopping me, lightly scratching my head. It feels nice.

"... He said he knew this would happen, and... And he knew you told me to lie to him, and if I didn't want you to get hurt, I'd tell him what I saw..."