Chapter Six

CW: Near death

————————————————————————

~1-T POV~

"So hey, I noticed something new in that cozy little home of ours." I tell him as he takes me to testing.

"Oh, here we go." He sighs.

"Oh, you already know what I'm talking about? So you're a mind reader and a sadist! Did you have to kill a lot of babies to learn how to do that, or just a few?"

"Yes yes, you're very clever and I'm deeply wounded. Let's not do this today." He says as he adjusts the laser.

"Hey, I don't want lasers shot in my eyes again either, but I get the feeling it's gonna happen anyway." I say, getting in the chair. "Things don't work out the way you want sometimes, huh?"

"I don't want to discuss it." He then adjusts the straps, securing me in place.

"You're pretty good at the mind reading thing. But not so good at the whole, you know... 'Kindness' thing. Which is why I'm wondering how my brother got that color cube. If he stole it, then you would've taken it back by now, right? But you seem pretty happy to let him keep it. Why is that?"

He pauses. He looks over his shoulder at me. "... Subject 2 is an idiot. Practicing outside of the tests may improve his scores." He says.

I frown. "My brother's not dumb."

"His results say otherwise."

"He's not dumb, you just don't get how he thinks."

"Poorly, by all measures."

"But- Ok, fine, you say you gave it to him to practice with. Ok. Thing is, he told me..."

"Ugh, you two talk too much." He groans.

"Not like we got anything else to do. My bro said he apologized to you for taking the cube."

"As well he should. I still don't know how he managed it."

"You shouldn't underestimate him so much, ya know."

"Spare me your lectures."

"... He said you flinched when he apologized." He flinches again, spilling some of his drink. "Yeah, he noticed. He's more observant than you think, too." I say as he cleans up his mess with his sleeve. "So then he said he asked you when I'd be coming back, and when you said you didn't know, he got real upset about it."

"Subject 2 can be emotional." He says, his blank expression never changing.

"Not like you, huh? Which is what I don't get, cus he told me that's when you offered to give him the cube. If I didn't know you better, I'd think it was because you felt bad for him. But hey, you never feel bad about anything, do you?"

He looks down. "... That's enough talking."

————————————————————————

"Brother..." I hear a voice say. I slowly open my eyes a little bit. "Brother, wake up..." I feel him tapping my shoulder. I open my eyes a little more.

"Ugh..." I groan. "When'd you get back?" I rub my eyes and see my brother, covered in cuts, bruises, and bandages, with tears falling from his eyes. "Oh geez... What happened?! What'd he do to you?!" I say, cupping his cheek as he puts his hands on my shoulders. He whines and closes his eyes tightly. "Ok ok, bad question, never mind. What can I do? Is there any way I can help?"

"You... You can... You've got to heal me..."

My eyes widen. "What?!"

"Heal... I need..." He says as he falls to his knees.