𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼𝑉 - 𝐴𝑛 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑦 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝟼:𝟹𝟶 𝙰.𝙼.

𝗠𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄

I woke up to the sound of an unpleasantly familiar sound. It was my alarm. I lazily throw my hand on it, miraculously putting it off. Forcing myself to sit up, I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision up from its former blurry state. I immediately closed my eyes back though, as the sun's orange rays had hit my eyes and my surroundings directly.

Opening my eyelids back, I try and avoid the sun as I get out of my bed, stretching my limbs. The satisfying feeling followed right after. I went to Alexis' room, seeing he was still asleep, as i silently step in and softly whisper-yell his name. His head startles up, as he looks at me with his half-opened eyes.

Alexis gets up and walks towards me, each step made with caution, in fear of stumbling. As he was close enough to me, he hugs me. I embrace my arms around him in return. We let each other go, as he makes his way towards the bathroom while I head downstairs towards the kitchen.

After finishing breakfast, I call for Alexis to come down, as he immediately pops his head out from behind the wall. He comes down as I go back to the kitchen, serving the plates with bacon and eggs.

We ate in silence, and by the time we finish, it was already seven in the morning. Alexis got up and headed back upstairs, as I gathered up our dishes and put them in the sink. I head back upstairs as well, making my way towards the bathroom this time, doing my daily morning routine.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I was finally ready, waiting at the door for Alexis to come downstairs. When he finally came, I opened the door and letting him out first. Locking the door behind us, we waved at each other one last time before parting ways.

But before I went to school, I went to the flower shop not too far from it. It was very cozy looking, giving off 1950s vibes. It was very nice looking. I stepped inside, greeting the cashier, ms. Roselle, as she did so too in return.

"So, what brings you in here on such a sunny morning?" Roselle asks, looking at me curiously with her hazel eyes.
"I've come here to buy a rose, for someone," i said, looking a bit nervous. She smirks at me, as she made her way towards the section of the roses, telling me that it'll be coming right up.

She comes back after a minute or so, with a magnificent rose in hand. My eyes were filled with amazement as I watched her come back to the counter, placing the rose on it as she reached for a long paper bag, that could fit the entire rose in it.

She types onto the cash machine, announcing to me the price, as I get out my wallet and give her the amount that was asked for. I take the bag with the rose, say goodbye to her as I leave the shop and finally make my way towards the school.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄

Leo was at the schools fountain, chatting and laughing with a few of his friends. He heard footsteps approaching them, and as he looked at the source of the sound, he saw that it was Matthew. The tall Canadian looked a bit nervous, as he held a long paper bag in his hands.

Leo yelled for Matthew to join them, as the other looked at him, a bit startled, before flashing a warm, yet nervous smile, as he walked faster towards them. Matthew sat down with the rest of them, looking even more nervous. But he was fluent in hiding it for a while.

"Hey, Leo- uh, can I talk to you privately for a moment?" Matthew asked, as everyone went silent. Leo slowly nodded, as the two stood up and Matthew led him to a more private place, away from everyone.

Matthew seemed to be reaching something from the bag, and it turned out to be a deep read rose, full of life. Its sent had invaded their nostrils, and it was pleasant for the both of them. But Leo couldn't help but wonder, in the back of his mind, what his friend was up to.

As Matthew had gotten the rose completely out, he placed the bag on the fresh, bright grass next to his legs.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for yesterday. I wasn't thinking, I'm really sorry. And I wanted to give you this rose as a sign of apology too," Matthew suddenly said, handing the rose out to Leo. The other didn't know what to say, as he looked at the flower with wide eyes. He hesitantly lends his hand to the rose, taking it.

"Hey, M-Matthew, it's fine- it's alright. None of us were thinking, it's partially my fault too."

"Ah, uh- well- this is awkward," Matthew said back, chuckling nervously.

The two then headed back to their friends, acting as if nothing had happened.

Leo held the rose dearly in his hands, as if it was going to fade away the moment he even loosened his grip on it by a bit.