Chapter 15

The soft pillows and blankets cushion you so nicely after the hard ground and hay, that you fall asleep instantly.

_____

After a while, you wake up and look around remembering where you are. You stand up and walk out of your room.

Coming down the hallway towards you is the male dwarf from V's room.

"Ahh Y/N, I was just coming to get you." He says.

"Yes sir?" You ask as you walk towards him.

"Call me Malagon. I came to talk to you about this love spell you said V was under." He says as he beckons you to follow him.

You walk behind him down the hallway as he says, "Now don't worry, but you've been asleep about 10 hours. In this time V has woken up."

"Really?" You ask thinking of V and how he's doing.

"Yes, and we asked him some questions to confirm whether he was under the spell or not," Malagon says. "And we can confirm he is most definitely under a love spell."

You smile a bit thinking of how stupid V acts under the love spell. But then you think about how fast your heart beats and how much you blush and you quickly stop smiling.

"So I talked with some of the other caretaker dwarves and we do have all the needed materials to make a reverse potion," Malagon says raising his eyebrows proudly.

"You do! That's amazing!" You say as you sigh extremely relieved.

"Yes it should help your friend, but since we dwarves are not exactly potion makers, it won't be the same kind of reverse magic, instead it will be a bit different," Malagon says grimacing.

"What do you mean?" You ask as you both turn a corner.

"Well, we can take away the spell so he'll be back to his normal self, but we can't take away his memory of all that happened," Malagon says.

"What?" you say shocked. You stop and stare at Malagon wide-eyed. "You mean he'll remember all the crazy embarrassing stuff we did!" You say as you cover your quickly flushing cheeks.

"Unfortunately yes," Malagon says.

"Oh no." You say as you crouch on the ground completely embarrassed.

Asta rounds the corner to see Malagon looking at you crouched on the floor covering your face.

"Oh, dear is everything alright?" She says concerned.

You stand up straight, "hopefully it will be soon," you say as you walk ahead of both Malagon and Asta.

When you get to V's door, Malagon pulls a glass vial with dark purple liquid out of his pocket.

"Alright, it should work immediately, is there anything you want to do or say before I give it to him?" Malagon asks.

"Nope, you can just give it to him." You say as you stand back to let Malagon pass through.

You and Asta wait outside silently for about 5 minutes. The door opens again and out walks Malagon.

"Alright, he's back to normal, no more love spell," Malagon says proudly.

You reach for the handle to go in and check on him but Malagon stops your hand.

"I wouldn't recommend that Y/N, right now he feels exactly how you did when I told you we couldn't take away the memories. I'd let him get over himself before you see him." He says.

"Oh...yeah." You say as you pull your hand back.

"Why don't you have some food," Asta says as she takes up your arm and leads you down a set of stairs to a kitchen.

Asta takes a stone bowl off of the counter and walks over to a large stone pot on a stove. She sticks in a ladle and spoons out a couple of scoops of stew.

She hands you the bowl and a spoon and you thank her as you take a big hungry spoonful.

"Asta..." you begin to ask as Asta turns to look at you, "why do some dwarves live outside and others down in cave cities?"

"Well..." Asta begins, "most live in cave cities, where everything is dwarf-sized and we feel most comfortable and not super small. But some do travel outside, we don't reprimand them for doing that, everyone has their plans." She says as she ladles herself some stew.

"But those who live outside usually do it for the money, to sell weapons and analyze them to other people." She finishes as she takes a spoonful of stew. "Why do you ask?"

You swallow a spoonful and say, "well I've only met one other dwarf, his name is Hubble. He has tools and weapon shop, He's very kind, and he doesn't charge me for weapons."

"Yes, well dwarves do like their weapons," Asta says, as she takes another spoonful of soup. "I've never met a dwarf named Hubble, but he sounds kind."

You nod and continue to eat your stew.

"Smells good down here." Someone says as they walk down the stairs.