Belonging Somewhere

I was still laying next to the door watching all of them, none of them had actually said anything like they said they would and it seemed like the tension over there was unbearable, I could tell that they wanted to fight tooth and claw with each other right now, but they were waiting very impatiently, soon I saw Slender emerge from the trees and approach our group.

"What's the verdict?" Tim asked.

I watched as the black branches emerged from his back and began taking Jack from Brian, my heart sank as he was lifted from him, then he began coming over to the cart again, my excitement began rising slightly, Slender obviously noticed me when he came over, the branches moved and hovered Jack over me, then gently laid him on top of me, I watched as he began walking away.

"What happened Master?" I heard this guy ask, "Are we not trading this time?"

"You are taking these three for all of yours." Slender replied, gesturing to three of our group, none of them were Seed, "That is the agreement we had come to."

"Works for me." Tim replied.

The guy looked pretty annoyed as they were beginning to trade, I looked at Jack to see he was either asleep or he's not okay, I looked away from him and back at everyone else, I could see Tim and Jay boarding everyone again as some people were following that guy, Brian suddenly came onto our train car and looked down at me.

"You're gonna end up getting yourself killed one of these days." He shook his head, "Put him back in bed."

I finally began moving away from the door, Brian closed the door before he began to leave, heading off to the next cart, I felt relieved, I quietly picked him up and began taking him back to bed, he was still acting limp so I just assumed he passed out from relief knowing that he wasn't going to be taken away, I heard another door open and I looked over quickly, I saw it was Jay.

"You still awake Jack?" He asked, "Probably."

"I d-don't th-think-" I was cut off.

"We're leaving Zalgo's, now we're moving onto the next." He continued loudly, "The next one is chock-full of talent, so get ready for trade."

I then watched as he left, I felt tears in my eyes, there's more? There's still more? Why? Why must they...? What?

"J-Jack...?" I asked quietly.

He didn't reply.

"A-Are y-you... r-really awake?" I asked.

He still didn't reply, I lowered my head slightly as I began to sob, I leaned my head against him.

"W-We're... n-not out o-of th-the w-woods yet..." I said quietly, "B-But I'll k-keep g-going."

He still didn't reply, simply just laid there, I slowly laid down with him and rested my head on his chest, more tears spilling from my eyes, could I really manage to keep him? It's unlikely this time... I wanted to keep him so bad... maybe if I beg they'll let me keep him...? That's unlikely.

"Toby." I was shaken slightly.

I opened my eyes quickly and looked up, Jack was sitting next to me.

"You need to eat and drink." He said, letting me go.

I slowly sat up and looked out the window, I could see the sun rising in the distance, I looked back at him to see he was sitting still again, I slowly got out of bed and got up, making my way over to the kitchenette, I opened the fridge and quietly began getting out eggs, peppers, and onions, I looked over at Jack to see he was still sitting silently with his head low.