A DEMON'S WEAK POINT IS ITS NECK

HOWEVER, WHEN USING A NORMAL BLADE, EVEN CUTTING ITS NECK WONT KILL IT.

THE SWORDS THAT THE DEMON SLAYER CORPS USE ARE MADE FROM A SPECIAL STEEL.
WE CALL THEM NICHIRIN SWORDS.

chapter two | the boy from the mountain

After two weeks of nonstop training, you were more than exhausted. Fatigue riddled every part of your body. Some mornings you could hardly bring yourself to wake up.

Within this span of two weeks, you managed to kill thirteen more demons. This morning you planned on going to the training grounds for the seventh time in the last four days. Your willpower was what kept you training after all the sore muscles and aching bones, but today it faltered.

You sat in your futon, looking straight at the ceiling. You analyzed every imperfection that riddled it, from crack to spots that were only slightly darker than the rest.

Footsteps came stomping towards your door until you heard your little brother call out for you. He slid it open just enough to be able to poke his head through.

"Onee-san?"

You closed your eyes, sighing. "Yes?"

"We fixed the training grounds for you. The traps are all set and we've added more today, like you asked." He informed.

You didn't feel like talking too much this morning. "Thank you." Was all you offered. You heard him scampering off when he probably figured out that he wasn't getting anything else out of you.

Finally sitting up, you began to mentally prepare for your training today. Looking at your uniform that lay on top of a dresser in the corner of your room, you grabbed it, along with pants rather than the usual skirt that most girls opted for. It was a mistake wearing them the other day as the weather's been so unforgiving to your legs. Fastening your belt, you grabbed your favorite haori.

A gift from your late grandmother, it was black with a wider opening in the sleeves. You liked it better this way. Baggier clothing made it harder for opponents to predict your movements. Shiny four-point stars irregularly littered it starting at the bottom and dwindled in number about a quarter of the way up.

Your nichirin sword resided above your old katana, taking its place on the sword mount that you modified to hold both of them. Looking out the window as you attached the scabbard to your white belt, you saw the sun hardly peeking out from the horizon.