CHAPTER -93

After Lisa pushed Xiao Shi out of the room, she used wet clothing to cover up her nose because she was starting to cough a little. The fire had become too strong and had already begun to hurt her throat. She started to feel a burning sensation whenever she breathed. Looking around, she saw that the fire had already made its way up to the ceiling. Turning, she shouted at the other maidservant. “What are you still standing there for?! Get out of here quick…“

Before she could even finish her sentence, a clothing rack above the maidservant collapsed. A pile of flaming clothes suddenly landed on top of the maidservant, knocking her to the ground.

Lisa was aghast. For a moment, she hesitated. Should she go save her? If Lisa tried to save her, she might get trapped in here without a way out. However, a wail of pain decided her mind for her. Lisa gritted her teeth and rushed in.

She used her feet to kick the pile of burning clothes away, and covered the maidservant with wet clothing, dragging her to the window. Her hand was burned sometime in that entire process, but how could she spare the time to think of that kind of thing then?

“Get out…” After hoarsely coughing out those words, she covered her body with wet clothes. One after the other, they leapt out of the window. Just as her front leg cleared the window, the clothing racks behind her gave one last groan and collapsed completely. She’d gotten out just in the nick of time. Panting, Lisa just lay there on the ground. The fresh air tasted wonderful after all that smoke.

Her body was in extreme pain. She didn’t know whether it was because of the jump she’d just taken from the window or the injuries from the fire. At that moment, she could make out sounds of Xiao Shi calling out to her. She cracked her eyes open, catching sight of Xiao Shi. She sighed in relief; Xiao Shi had made it out unharmed.

But it seemed that spurt of relief was the last her body could take, and she fainted right after. After what seemed like an endless daze, it was like she’d returned to modern times. While she was busy looking at her phone, she suddenly heard someone call out her name, “Pranpriya, don’t fall asleep here! The weather is cold today!”

“Alright, Captain Lee.” She casually replied. Her head was felt a little dizzy and she was confused as to her whereabouts. That’s weird, there seems to be another person calling out to me. Who could it be?

“Madame Lisa. Mistress. I beg you, please wake up!”

Crying sounds. How familiar. Who could it be?

Oh, I remember now. It’s her. It’s Xiao Shi.

Her eyes slowly pulled open to find Xiao Shi kneeling by her bed, crying.

“Why are you crying…” Why was her voice so shockingly hoarse? Lisa creased her brows. The incident from earlier began to resurface in her mind. She seemed to have done something astonishingly courageous like saving someone, but also managed to injure herself by jumping out of a window. She’d even burned her hands. It’s not a serious wound, right? She lifted her hands slowly and noticed that they’d been bandaged into pyramid-shaped dumplings.

Her imagination immediately turned to the darkest depths of horror. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she spoke in a voice nearing a sob, “Is my hand ruined? And my face…”

A fine beauty like her, what kind of justice would it be if all of it was ruined!

Xiao Shi was quick to reassure her, “Not ruined, not ruined. The doctor merely went slightly overboard when he bandaged you up. Your hands are fine, and so is your face.”