Chapter 3~ Family

A/N: Hi... I am still alive, and still writing this book suprisingly. I know it took extremely long again, I'm sorry. This time it was also because I have made some big changes to the overarcing plot line, to make it a bit shorter. Again if I missed any trigger warnings let me know and I will add them. So, eh. I have no idea how it happened but like somewhere in these chapters the language changes from like british to american or the other way around (with the extra u and stuff) I tried to fix it, but somehow it just kinda doesn't work. Blame Word. Anyways, Enjoy?

Vylad's P.O.V:

TRIGGER WARNING: Lying, hearing voices inside your head, mentions of sickness, repressed panic, half changed writing style but like not fully yet?

I'm standing near the small fountain on the schoolyard together with Aphmau who is busy talking my ears off, but I'm not really paying much attention. I keep getting lost in the thousands of sparkling water drops, reflecting the bright sun that shines on each of them. It's so simplistic, yet so unique and beautiful. "Hey! Are you even listening to me?!" Aphmau's voice drags me out of my thoughts and forces me to look at her, instead of the glistering water drops. "N-No, I wasn't... I'm sorry."

I truly am sorry Aphmau, sorry for being such a terrible friend.

"Vylad are you okay?"

Worry glimmers in her honeycomb tinted eyes, a comforting presence radiating off of her. And I want to tell her everything, want her to help me. But I can't. It's too dangerous, she can't know. No one can. I'll have to lie again, and I'll be an even worse friend afterwards.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"I'm not buying it."

What!? I force my breathing to stay calm, I can't let her notice the spike in it. I can't show her that she is right. She can't know!

"What do you mean?"

By sheer luck alone I manage to keep my voice steady.

Her face shifts, sadness intertwining with concern. I hurt her feelings by lying... Of course I did, I just ruin everyone's lives.

Correct.

"Vylad... Don't lie to me... I know something is wrong! Please, let me help you. I don't know what is going on, but just know that I'm here for you. Just don't lie about it. Because I can see it in Garroth too, even Zane! You guys are not alone, please know that."

I can no longer keep a straight face. My eyes are pricking, tear drops much like the water drops escaping from the fountain- escape the confines of my eyes. I quickly wipe them away, even though I know it's too late. She saw. She knows.

But she doesn't know why...

I can't tell her a fake reason, reassure her that soon everything will be okay. It's the only way I can protect her and my family.

You better not screw this up, you're brothers' lives are at stake.

The voice is right, I can't make any mistakes now.

"You're right. I'm not okay, neither are my brothers."

What are you doing, you idiot!
Just believe in me for once okay, I know what I'm doing. I think...
I have no faith whatsoever.
You can do this Vylad, I know you can!
Who the hell are you! Since when is my head home to another voice!?
...

It doesn't matter, I just got to think. So, Aphmau noticed that none of us are doing okay. Then it is fair to say that she probably noticed that Zane looks like death warmed up. Which means I need an excuse for that, which is not the truth. And that excuse must tie in to the fact that Garroth and I are also not feeling okay because of it.