38| GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN

"You'll be carful?" Lila asked as she climbed off the boat, Sarah tying it off behind the house

"Promise." Sarah nodded as she squeezed Lilas hand, "Meet me back here?"

"Promise." Lila nodded her head before they parted ways for different Cameron men.

Barry's trailer was the last place Lila wanted to be at. Though, she wasn't sure she wanted to see Rafe at his own house either. Her feet planted on the sand as she stared at it, the junk throw around. Lila stood there a while, not bringing herself to walk forward and knock on the door.

Lila crept around, in hopes of not having to go up and open the door or knock. The last thing she wanted was to see Barry of all people, hoping she'd find Rafe around back perhaps. The trailer was junky and looked as though it would fall apart any day now. The bitter smell of drugs filled her nose as she got closer.

Lila was attempting to look through the small window on the door when it suddenly flew open and knocked her in the face. Lila groaned as she held her face as she hit the ground.

"Who the h-" Rafe began before the figure removed their hands and looked up at him. He blinked suddenly, face dropping, Oh my god, Lila."

"Hello to you too." she said in disbelief while holding her face, he reached down pulled her up on her feet.

"I'm sorry." he said, grabbing her face to look, "It's not bleeding, you all right?"

"All good." Lila said as she twitched her nose before making eye contact with him for the first time. Her palms began to sweat, heart thumbing, stomach flipping.

Rafe began to smile, "You came home?"

"I'm sorry I didn't come see you sooner." Lila said as she stared his way, blinking as her body found its self leaning into him.

"It's all right." Rafe said back as he pulled her into a hug, tucking his head into her neck. Lila rubbed his back as a small smile came across her lips, comfort over taking her. Rafe nuzzled into her neck more, rubbing her back in the process.