One

~Evi's POV~

                Today, I was auditioning for The Voice. Scratch that; tonight, I was auditioning for The Voice. I was crazily nervous. My best friend, my only friend, Luke, was with me. My dad had been busy with work and couldn't make it. Though, I understood. He was an FBI agent. He was usually busy. I was used to it.

                "You nervous?" Luke asked. I had been playing with my ring, which I only did when I was nervous. "No, of course not. Why would I be nervous about performing for the first time ever? Especially when it's live and in front of millions of people?" I sarcastically retorted. He chuckled. I had already done the little interview thing they make each contestant do. I hadn't messed up on that. "Just calm down. You'll do fine. God is with you," he told me. I smiled. He was very religious, which is why he was my friend. Oh, and he was awesome.

                "Evilynn Foster! You're up!" someone called. I was handed a microphone and Luke pushed me to the stairs leading to the stage. "We'll be watching! Good luck!" he called after me. I smiled as I pulled my shirt down over the skin that was exposed and walked up the stairs. I said a quick prayer in my head as I walked out onto the stage. A few people cheered, but not many.

                The music to the song I was singing began playing, and the crowd went crazy. I laughed a little. It was Over Again by One Direction. He he, I probably seemed like a crazed fan girl at the moment.

"Said I'd never leave her 'cuz her hands fit like my T-shirt.

Tongue-tied over three words, cussed,

Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt.

Body's intertwined with her lips.

Now she's feelin' solo,

Since she went solo

Hole in the middle of my heart like a polo.

And it's no joke to me.

So can we do it all over again?

If you pretended from the start.

Like this, with a tight grip."

Blake pressed his button and turned around.

Then my kiss can mend your broken heart.

I might miss everything you said to me.

And I can lend you broken parts that might fight

Like this.

And I will give you all my heart

So we can start it all over again

We take the same road.

Two days in the same clothes.

And I know just what she'll say if I can make all this pain go."

Christina pressed her button and turned around.

Can we stop this for a minute?

You know, I can tell that your heart isn't in it

Or with it.

Tell me with your mind, body, and spirit!

I can make your tears fall down like the showers that are British."

Adam pressed his button and turned around.

Oh, dear Lord, three out of four judges have turned around!