Five

~Evi's POV~

            I woke up to see Zayn beside the bed on phone. "I know, I know. I can't bite her. Obviously not," he said. I quickly closed my eyes and continued to act asleep. "What exactly happens when a mortal gets bitten, and the venom is injected?" WHOA. VENOM? WHAT. THE. FUDGE. "Oh, God. I'd never wanna put Evi through that." I couldn't take it anymore. I had to find out what he was talking about. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Zayn," I said. He froze. "I-I gotta go," he said as he hung up. He turned and looked at me. "Tell me what this is about. I heard your conversation with Liam yesterday mornin'. The whole thing. Explain," I ordered. "Babe, I can't tell you-" "Yeah, I think you can! You want me? Then tell me. I ain't dealin' with this secret crap. I ain't got time for that," I cut him off. (A/N: While I wrote that last sentence there, I remembered "Ain't nobody got time for that!" If you don't know what that is, look it up on YouTube. It's hilarious! Okay, continue reading…haha….) "Evi, please, understand, this is something that will change your thoughts on me forever," he told me. "So?! At least I'll know we can be honest!" "Let's not discuss this inside. On the terrace, maybe?" I sighed, rolled my eyes, but agreed. We walked out to the terrace and closed the door.

            "Babe, this isn't something that's so easily said," Zayn told me. "Please, Zayn. Just tell me," I begged, looking up at him with pleading eyes. "I can't." "Fine. Then I'll be leavin'. You'll be lucky if you ever hear from me again," I said, pushing past him. He grabbed my arm. "Evi, please don't go," he pleaded. I turned back to face him. "Then tell me," I ordered. "I can't," he muttered. I tried pulling away, but his grip only tightened. "Zayn, let go," I said. He loosened his grip, but he didn't let go. "Let go!" I ordered. "I-I'll tell you," he stuttered. I relaxed as he finally let go. "I…I'm a…" He didn't finish, but I finally realized what it was. "You're a vampire," I whispered. He merely nodded, avoiding eye contact.

            "Bite me," I suddenly ordered. He looked up, his brow furrowed in confusion. "What?" "I said, 'Bite me.' So, bite me," I repeated. "Evi, Liam said you go through a lot of pain-" "I don't care. Unless you haven't noticed, I can endure a heck of a lot of pain." "Okay," he muttered, licking his lips. He lunged at my neck, and I felt two pricks. Actually, they felt like shots. It hurt like crazy. But, I held it in. Zayn pulled away from me and wiped his mouth. I put my hand to my neck. "Now what?" I asked. I began to grow dizzy and weary. "You'll pass out," he said. And, he was right. I did pass out.

~Zayn’s POV~

            Evi passed out, but I caught her to keep her from falling. I carried her bridal style  back into the apartment and into her room. I lay her in her bed and left the room, closing the door behind me. What had I just done? Liam was going to kill me. “Hey, what’s goin’ on?” Claira asked. “Nothing. Evi just went back to bed,” I replied. “Is everything alright? I heard you guys yelling out there.” “Yeah, everything’s fine. We just got into a little fight, but we’re good now.” She nodded and grabbed her bag. “Well, I gotta go. Niall and I have a date,” she told me as she opened the door. “Bye,” I called after her as she left the apartment, closing the door behind her.

            I got my phone and called Harry. He would help me with this, wouldn’t he? “Hello?” he said, sleepily. “You sleep too long,” I said. “It’s only 11.” “That’s still late.” “Whatever. What did you want?” “Evi knows.” “Knows what?” “About…us. The ‘thing’,” I replied, only to be greeted by silence. “God, Zayn, why couldn’t you keep it a secret?” he asked. “She heard Liam talking to me yesterday morning and heard me on the phone with him earlier this morning. I had to tell her, or she was going to leave me,” I explained. “So, how did she react?” “She told me to bite her.” “And did you?” “Yeah…” “Dude!”“What?! She asked me to!” “Liam is going to kill you.” “I know that,” I replied. “Well, I gotta go. I’m hungry and we’re going to McDonald’s for breakfast. Wanna come?” he asked. “Nah, I gotta take care of Evi. She’s passed out at the moment,” I said. “Alright, see you,” Harry said as he hung up.