Two

his eyes twinkled like the stars when he looked at me in the eye°

°°°

Someone slid onto the seat opposite to her, as Yuri was once again at the cafe at her usual table.

But now it wasn't the typical, warm afternoon. It was late at night, around nine o'clock.

"I dare you to get ice cream with me." He spoke, while her head was buried into the book, his chin resting on his hands, supported by the table.

"Don't you have to work, Haruto?" She raised her eyebrow, not looking up from the beige looking, black inked sheet.

Haruto and her, had gotten closer over the past two weeks that she kept visiting the cafe everyday, out of curiosity over the boy.

"I'm off work now let's go." He stood up, snatching her book not forgetting to place the bookmark on the page she was reading. 

He swiftly dropped the book into her bag, zipping it close, wrapped his fingers around her wrist and walked out of his workplace, dragging her along with him.

The street lights illuminated the roads as they walked alongside the busy lane. It seemed like the regular, lit up city with fast food booths alongside the roadway.

They stepped into the ice cream parlour. Haruto enthusiastically ran over to choose the flavour. 

"One Cookies and Cream please!" He placed his order with the woman behind the counter, as she smiled and nodded.

"What do you want?" He asked Yuri, while she looked through the list of available varieties.

"Hmm, I'll get Cookies and Cream too." She smiled up at the taller one.

"Great! add another order of the same." He stated and the lady smiled again, handing over both cups of ice cream, as each of them received their share.

They walked over to a vacant table and Haruto started digging in. Yuri stared at him in disbelief. 

"Calm down, will you? No one's gonna steal your ice cream." He gave her a goofy smile and slowed down. She shook her head and started having her own Cookies and Cream.

"This is so good, I love it!" Haruto said as he scooped out the leftover ice cream, gulping it immediately. 

"Do you like it that much?" She asked, wondering to herself about how he was so happy just because of food.

"Not as much as I like you." He murmured, inaudibly.

"What?" She questioned, not grasping what he had said.

"Nothing, I love this!" He said, his eyes sparkling, as Yuri giggled at his adorable behaviour, while he still went on about how much he loved the flavour.

°°°